VIGI NVR4032H (V1) Face Detection w/ Non-Face Capture VIGI Camera

2024-03-04 15:20:45
Model: VIGI NVR4032H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.

Interested to know more about VIGI NVR4032H and it's Face Capture capability.

I've watched a training video from TP-Link Russia where they states that this NVR can analyze and detect Face data coming from Non-Face Capture Cameras:

(Translated)

Now my questions are:

1. How many Non-Face Capture Cameras are supported by NVR4032H (V1) for Face Capture purpose? (If most cameras are VIGI 340 and VIGI 440) (as of latest firmware)

2. Does this function work on VIGI Android App?
3. Anyone tried how accurate this work?

Also, please suggest me 16-port 10/100M POE+ switch just from connecting VIGI cameras with the NVR. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR4032H (V1) Face Detection w/ Non-Face Capture VIGI Camera
2024-03-04 15:25:26
Options
2024-03-06 06:19:06 - last edited 2024-03-06 06:19:17

Hi @1MSFT 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1MSFT wrote

Now my questions are:

1. How many Non-Face Capture Cameras are supported by NVR4032H (V1) for Face Capture purpose? (If most cameras are VIGI 340 and VIGI 440) (as of latest firmware)

2. Does this function work on VIGI Android App?
3. Anyone tried how accurate this work?

Also, please suggest me 16-port 10/100M POE+ switch just from connecting VIGI cameras with the NVR. 

At this moment, face capture requires face-capture-supported cameras.

No.

Accuracy may vary. It is subjective. In a good, normal brightness, clear face capture, that accuracy would be very high. Rule out the possibility of twins and similar haircuts.

Use the filter on the official website and find a 16-port PoE+ switch. Pay attention to the PoE budget in the switch.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-03-06 09:54:58

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Will this feature come to the NVR via firmware update that enables face capture analysis for non-face-capture-supported cameras? I mean specifically on V1 since intentions are to buy NVR4032H (V1) which is now available in the market. Feature becoming exclusive to next versions (i.e. V2, V3, ...) would be sad. Also might end up for me as a loss project.

As well as a suggestion: if this feature arrives kindly at least allow 16 channels from 32-channels to utilize face capture analysis from non-face-capture-supported cameras

Options
2024-03-07 06:40:24

Hi @1MSFT

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

1MSFT wrote

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Will this feature come to the NVR via firmware update that enables face capture analysis for non-face-capture-supported cameras? I mean specifically on V1 since intentions are to buy NVR4032H (V1) which is now available in the market. Feature becoming exclusive to next versions (i.e. V2, V3, ...) would be sad. Also might end up for me as a loss project.

As well as a suggestion: if this feature arrives kindly at least allow 16 channels from 32-channels to utilize face capture analysis from non-face-capture-supported cameras

I checked this, so, only the 32 channels will be supported or any models better than 2016H or its successors.

This can be supported by firmware updates but the development cycle would be very long per the engineer I talked with.

The VIGI series just started up and many other features and models need to be optimized. Workload would be pretty big. So, IMO, you should take the R&D cycle into consideration.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options