New CPE510 only showing power LED, wont connect.

2024-03-06 16:43:15 - last edited 2024-03-07 05:52:54
Model: CPE510  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've just got two CPE510's one is up and running, and the other won't work.

When I plug it in the LED's all come on and then go off, except for the the power LED.

I try resetting it but nothing happens the lights don't flash or change.

I have tried connecting it to the POE adapter that is working with the other CPE510, but that still gives the same results.

It just doesn't recognise that it is connected to a LAN.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New CPE510 only showing power LED, wont connect.-Solution
2024-03-07 05:52:50 - last edited 2024-03-07 05:54:22

Hi @Man_Sloth 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Try to read the materials we have and make sure your steps are correct. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/cpe510/#video

If you have any questions about the installation, please draw a diagram and illustrate your steps in detail.

If the PWR does not work, swap it with the working one and check if it come up with the power. It may be a hardware issue and recommend you contact your retailer for an exchange.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:New CPE510 only showing power LED, wont connect.-Solution
2024-03-07 05:52:50 - last edited 2024-03-07 05:54:22

Hi @Man_Sloth 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Try to read the materials we have and make sure your steps are correct. 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/cpe510/#video

If you have any questions about the installation, please draw a diagram and illustrate your steps in detail.

If the PWR does not work, swap it with the working one and check if it come up with the power. It may be a hardware issue and recommend you contact your retailer for an exchange.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:New CPE510 only showing power LED, wont connect.
2024-03-07 10:21:23
I have double-checked that I have set it up correctly and tried another PWR adapter. I guess it was defective out of the box.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 138

Replies: 2

Related Articles