OC200 after latest update shows access points as disconnected

2024-03-10 11:34:44 - last edited 2024-03-11 17:10:15
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.13.2 Build 20240110 Rel.78759

Hello, After the last update to the firmware version mentioned, some of my access points were shown as disconnected in the device list. Even after several hours, they did not reconnect automatically. All attempts to restart or provision them via the controller menu failed. Ultimately there was nothing left but to manually reset the devices individually. Afterwards they showed up as available again and I was able to add them. This wasn't the first time that some devices stopped connecting after updates or reboots or power outages. How can it be that you always have to go to the location of the devices, dismantle them and press the reset button? Is there a solution to this problem? Thank you!

Hallo, nach dem letzten Update auf genannte Firmware-Version wurden einige meiner Access Points als getrennt angezeigt in der Geräte-Liste. Auch nach mehreren Stunden wurden sie nicht wieder automatisch verbunden. Alle Versuche, sie über das Controller-Menü neu zu starten oder zu provisionieren schlugen fehl. Es blieb letztlich nichts anderes übrig, als die Geräte alle einzeln manuell zu resetten. Danach wurden sie wieder als verfügbar angezeigt und ich konnte sie hinzufügen. 

Das war nicht das erste Mal, dass nach Updates oder Neustarts oder Stromausfällen einige Geräte nicht mehr verbunden wurde. Wie kann es sein, dass man immer zum Standort der Geräte muss, sie abbauen und den Reset-Knopf zu drücken? Gibt es eine Lösung für dieses Problem? Vielen Dank!

File:
IMG_1134.jpgDownload
Options
7 Reply
Re:OC200 after latest update shows access points as disconnected
2024-03-11 08:51:29 - last edited 2024-03-11 17:10:15

hi @bebeck 

Can you confirm that you get an error message when you try to re-adopt them? Depending on the error message, you can refer to the troubleshooting guide: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/3192/

It's also a good idea to update the access point firmware to the latest version.

Disconnected status means that the connection between the controller and the access point has been broken. Whenever this happens, use the controller's host computer to ping the access point to check the connection first.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-11 17:09:23

Hi Hank21,

there is no error message, because I do not have any option to choose, when the status is on disconnected. I do not even have the possibility to click restart or adopt or something like that. 

I always try to keep everything up to date, so my access points had already the latest firmware before I was updating the controller.

You are right: Diconnected means the connection is broken. When it would have been one single AP, maybe I had checked the network cable or a switch without electricity first and so on. But there were six APs disconnected at the same time, caused through an update. Ping I did not check - I do not know, what it would be good for. I know from the past: Disconnected means resetting every single AP at its individual location. Only then it would be possible to re-adopt.

Options
2024-03-12 01:23:03 - last edited 2024-03-12 01:31:38

@bebeck 

Please provide information on your network topology.  If all six access points are connected to the same switch, please check the connection between the switch and controller. Additionally, please confirm if you manage them locally.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-12 06:13:46 - last edited 2024-03-12 17:39:55

@Hank21 

All devices in the network are fully managed by Omada. The as disconnected shown APs are connected to different switches. Except the network clients all devices are Omada-devices.

By the way: in my opinion Omada is a great thing, when it works. And of course it does. The issue mentioned above is the only thing, I have to criticize in one year of use.

Options
2024-04-04 11:22:04

Again the same issue: This morning TP-Link provided an update for the OC200, the controller finished it successfully, but three of my access points were disconnected and kept staying in this mode. I had to reset all of them manually for readopting them. 

Does anybody have any idea for preventing the manual reset of as disconnected shown access points after controller update?

Options
2024-04-07 08:59:51

bebeck wrote

Again the same issue: This morning TP-Link provided an update for the OC200, the controller finished it successfully, but three of my access points were disconnected and kept staying in this mode. I had to reset all of them manually for readopting them. 

Does anybody have any idea for preventing the manual reset of as disconnected shown access points after controller update?

Hi @bebeck 

Even the EAP disconnected from the controller will it still be working. Is there any chance for you to connect to the EAP WiFi when you find it disconnected, and then make the PING test? You may try to PING the switch, the gateway and PING the controller to see whether it is reachable.

Options
2024-04-07 11:28:09

@Hank21 

Thanks, I will try next time, the failure occurs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 276

Replies: 7

Related Articles