Request to Extend Omada Voucher System to LAN Users

Votes

2024-03-13 16:11:34 - last edited 2024-03-27 16:32:16
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 5.13.30.8

I am writing to request a new feature for our Omada network setup that would allow us to extend the successful voucher access system currently used for wireless users to our LAN users.

Our network infrastructure consists of an Omada switch, ER605 router, EAP225s and an Omada Cloud controller (Linux), and we have successfully implemented the Omada Voucher system for wireless users. However, we have encountered difficulties in enabling voucher access for our wired/LAN users.

Despite our efforts, & multiple trial & errors, we have been unable to find any guides or documentation on how to enable voucher access for LAN users.

We believe that extending this functionality to wired/LAN users would be a valuable enhancement to the Omada system, improving usability and flexibility for all users.

We kindly request that you consider adding this feature to future updates of the Omada software (if not yet available).
We believe that this enhancement would not only benefit our organization but also many other users who rely on the Omada Voucher system for internet access.

We appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to hearing from you soon regarding the possibility of adding this feature.

If this feature is already available, please send us a guide/link to a guide we can use to impliment.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

DC

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Request to Extend Omada Voucher System to LAN Users-Solution
2024-03-27 10:23:13 - last edited 2024-03-27 16:32:16

dickyam wrote

@Hank21 

I'm now using ER605V1 should not be an issue right? 

VLAN is working now, able to get IP address from specific vlan but i'm not seeing the device in the list of wired clients.

VLAN 1 IP is 192.168.10.1/24
VLAN 2 IP is 192.168.20.1/27

I have a managed SG2008 connected it's LAN1 to LAN4 of ER605 then my test laptop is connectd to LAN8 on SG2008. 

My laptop is now obtaining 192.168.20.11 and is working fine except am not seeing the laptop or the IP in the list of clients/wired clients.

I return back LAN8 to VLAN1 and reassigned VLAN2 to LAN4 port of ER605. still getting same IP but my SG2008 for some reason was disconnected and was no longer (this i can just restore to default and adopt again, just don't know why this happened).

Unfortunately I can't still see my laptop on the list of clients.

Also, I created a new portal with no authentication just to check if i can see the portal logo & button when connected to VLAN2.. I'm connected to the internet but no portal.

Something I missed?

Btw, i prefer tagging vlans on SG2008 ports because each port will be assigned separate VLANs while connected to a single port in ER605.I hope I made sense. :-P

Thanks,

Hi @dickyam 

We can confirm that the voucher portal can be applied for the LAN wired devices based on the LAN network. And it is better to have the VLANs on switch.

Could you share the ports setting on your SG2008? You may need to select profile all for the port connecting to the ER605, and select the related VLAN profile for the port connecting to your laptop. Upon testing, before the laptop pass the authentication, it will be shown on the client list but the status is pending. When it pass the authentication, the status turns authorized.

Please also enable the HTTPS Redirection when set up the portal authentication.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
14 Reply
Re:Request to Extend Omada Voucher System to LAN Users
2024-03-14 08:51:49 - last edited 2024-03-14 09:00:20

hi @dickyam 

It has already been supported. When setting up the portal, you can select the network to which you would like to apply the settings.

A 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-20 19:13:58 - last edited 2024-03-20 19:15:02

@Hank21 it doesn't work. here's what i did.

under wired networks/LAN i created a new LAN and as selected "interface" instead of VLAN. created a new VLAN and new range of IP addresses. checked all LAN interfaces (i also tested checking only the specific port/lan interface of the router.

Then created a new portal and assign the newly created LAN.

inserted a LAN device (laptop/desktop) to the port and it was connected to hte internet without being prompted for a voucher.

Or I may have the wrong steps in creating LAN networks?

Hank21 wrote

hi @dickyam 

It has already been supported. When setting up the portal, you can select the network to which you would like to apply the settings.

A 

Options
2024-03-21 01:17:28 - last edited 2024-03-21 01:18:13

@dickyam 

Can you show me how you set it up? What Authentication Type did you select?

Options
2024-03-21 09:33:04

@Hank21 see below:

under wired networks/LAN I created a new network and just assigned VLAN & IP range. all others are default.

Then created new Portal with the new network selected.. Hotspot as authentication then Voucher type.

Options
2024-03-22 03:38:48

@dickyam 

Do you plug the gadget straight into the ER605 port? Or is there another device in the way? Additionally, kindly confirm that the ER605's firmware is the most recent version.Do you verify the IP address that the gadget is capable of receiving? I believe that the IP is from VLAN 1.You do, however, receive the VLAN2 Portal. It might be best to add PVID 2 to the router port where the device is connected. It can only obtain an IP address from VLAN 2 in this manner.The port will then become operational.

Options
2024-03-22 04:54:32 - last edited 2024-03-22 05:08:06

@Hank21 tried plugging the device direclty to er605 port and also tested using SG2008 switch as well.
yes er605 has most recent version.

how should i do this:

"It might be best to add PVID 2 to the router port where the device is connected.

It can only obtain an IP address from VLAN 2 in this manner.The port will then become operational."

the port tagging in the controller is different from the physical hardware of er605. if i assigned vlan 2 to port 5, should i only check LAN2?

i think this is the one needed so i could obtain IP from VLAN2 and for the portal to work.

thanks.

Options
2024-03-22 09:43:11

@dickyam 

You can click on the gateway after selecting Device. Next, proceed to the Ports to add the PVID.

You can only choose LAN2 as the Interface and add PVID to the LAN2 port alone if all you want is for LAN2 to receive its IP from VLAN2.

Options
2024-03-26 17:02:56 - last edited 2024-03-26 17:31:10

@Hank21 

VLAN is working now, able to get IP address from specific vlan but i'm not seeing the device in the list of wired clients.

I have a managed SG2008 connected it's LAN1 to LAN4 of ER605 then my test laptop is connectd to LAN8 on SG2008. 

My laptop is now obtaining 192.168.20.11 and is working fine except am not seeing the laptop or the IP in the list of clients/wired clients.

I return back LAN8 to VLAN1 and reassigned VLAN2 to LAN4 port of ER605. still getting same IP but my SG2008 for some reason was disconnected and was no longer (this i can just restore to default and adopt again, just don't know why this happened).

Also, I created a new portal with no authentication just to check if i can see the portal logo & button when connected to VLAN2.. I'm connected to the internet but no portal.

Something I missed?

Btw, i prefer tagging vlans on SG2008 ports because each port will be assigned separate VLANs while connected to a single port in ER605.I hope I made sense. :-P

Thanks,

Options
Re:Request to Extend Omada Voucher System to LAN Users-Solution
2024-03-27 10:23:13 - last edited 2024-03-27 16:32:16

dickyam wrote

@Hank21 

Something I missed?

Thanks,

Hi @dickyam 

We can confirm that the voucher portal can be applied for the LAN wired devices based on the LAN network. And it is better to have the VLANs on switch.

Could you share the ports setting on your SG2008? You may need to select profile all for the port connecting to the ER605, and select the related VLAN profile for the port connecting to your laptop. Upon testing, before the laptop pass the authentication, it will be shown on the client list but the status is pending. When it pass the authentication, the status turns authorized.

Please also enable the HTTPS Redirection when set up the portal authentication.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-03-27 16:05:53

Hi @Hank21 

Here's the port settings. Port 1 is connected to ER605 where profile ALL is selected. Port 8 is where my test laptop is conneted and is assigned with VLAN profile.

I can already see my test laptop tagged as pending. 

it only remains pending unless I manually authorized it. I should be able to see the login page, right?

I selected no authentication for this testing and expecting to hit this:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 999

Replies: 14

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.