Omada adoption of TL-SG2428P Switch completely broken, wreaks havoc

2024-03-20 23:15:03 - last edited 2024-03-21 03:35:50
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.0.0 Build 20220418 Rel.55193

Omada adoption of this TL-SG2428P switch is a real issue...I've configured this switch with a Static IP so that it properly works on my LANOmada adoption of this TL-SG2428P switch is a real issue...I've configured this switch with a Static IP so that it properly works on my LAN. Omada insists on resetting everything to 192.168.0.1 which is odd because normally only a router/gateway on the LAN would have that IP. I don't use that IP address scheme anyway.Omada insists on resetting everything to 192.168.0.1 which is odd because normally only a router/gateway on the LAN would have that IP. I don't use that IP address scheme anyway.

When I attempt to adopt this Switch, Omada COMPLETELY wipes the conifg, sets the IP to 192.168.0.1, and breaks my entire networkWhen I attempt to adopt this Switch, Omada COMPLETELY wipes the conifg, sets the IP to 192.168.0.1, and breaks my entire network

How am I supposed to adopt this Switch to Omada if it blows away the entire switch's configuration and sets the IP to 192.168.0.1, essentially cutting it off from my network as well as my Omada Software Controller which resides on local LAN??? This is a major issue that needs to be addressed asap.How am I supposed to adopt this Switch to Omada if it blows away the entire switch's configuration and sets the IP to 192.168.0.1, essentially cutting it off from my network as well as my Omada Software Controller which resides on local LAN??? This is a major issue that needs to be addressed asap.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada adoption of TL-SG2428P Switch completely broken, wreaks havoc-Solution
2024-03-21 03:35:45 - last edited 2024-03-21 03:35:50

Hi @Zonelab 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please call technical support for further help if you have issues with the setup.

When you adopt, the settings will be erased. This is expected. It will apply the settings from the controller. So, it has to be cleared first.

Switch will reboot and get a new DHCP IP. Broadcast for discovery will be received by the switch and will show up as pending.

If you need the switch to get the new LAN IP, reboot it to request a new IP.

May also refer to this FAQ:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada adoption of TL-SG2428P Switch completely broken, wreaks havoc-Solution
2024-03-21 03:35:45 - last edited 2024-03-21 03:35:50

Hi @Zonelab 

Please call technical support for further help if you have issues with the setup.

When you adopt, the settings will be erased. This is expected. It will apply the settings from the controller. So, it has to be cleared first.

Switch will reboot and get a new DHCP IP. Broadcast for discovery will be received by the switch and will show up as pending.

If you need the switch to get the new LAN IP, reboot it to request a new IP.

May also refer to this FAQ:

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada adoption of TL-SG2428P Switch completely broken, wreaks havoc
2024-03-21 13:39:54

@Clive_A 

I did all this, however, after adoption, I did change the configuration on the switch. but whenever it reboots it's going to default config again. is there any way I can save it.

Options
Re:Omada adoption of TL-SG2428P Switch completely broken, wreaks havoc
2024-03-22 00:53:28

Hi @Zonelab 

Zonelab wrote

@Clive_A 

I did all this, however, after adoption, I did change the configuration on the switch. but whenever it reboots it's going to default config again. is there any way I can save it.

Application Result, what do you see under this tab? If you don't know where it is, use the search function on the controller.

If the config has been synced and applied, it should work. I have never seen a case where it fails to apply the config unless it fails to be adopted or synced at first.

If you need to discuss this, please upload screenshots to illustrate your issues. If you have any questions about why we need that many information, please take a look at the guidelines.

I still believe that there is something you did wrong. Please prove me wrong with screenshots.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 97

Replies: 3

Related Articles