Bad Request after certificate installation
Bad Request after certificate installation
2024-03-21 17:42:40
Tags: #TLS certificate
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.13.2 Build 20240110 Rel.78759

Controller version: 5.13.24

After installing a PFX certificate (PEM does not work) I get the following error message when accessing my controller via HTTPS:  HTTP Status 400 – Bad Request

I can still get to my controller via http and accepting the risk.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Bad Request after certificate installation
2024-03-22 06:40:19

@RanchoHam 

A 400 poor request error happens when a browser submits a request to a web server that the server does not comprehend or execute properly.
The issue could be due to the incorrect certificate you uploaded. Or, when you've imported the certificate, restart your controller. This functionality requires a reboot to take effect.
You might try using this link to convert the certificate's format.https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3330/

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-03-22 19:09:14

@Hank21 

It seems that I had not successfully cleared the browser cache. 

I had rebooted the OC200 controller (seems to be a pretty long operation for such a small configuration change).

I am using a SmallStep private Certificate Authority (CA) which produces .crt and .key files by default in EC format.  I have installed my private CA root certificate on my machine.  I used a parameter to force SmallStep to produce RSA format files.  I then had to use openSSL to convert the .crt and .key files into PFX format which I was finally able to successfully upload and then reboot the controller.

I now have a working TLS protected web interface.

However, I still get a 'HTTP Request Error (400)' when I try to use an API interface.  Since Mark Goodwin's tplink-omada-client is not a TP-Link official product, I won't belabor it's problems other than to ask:

Is there an official reference software for accessing the Omada-API?

Cheers,

Rich

Options
2024-03-26 02:45:41

RanchoHam wrote

@Hank21 

It seems that I had not successfully cleared the browser cache. 

I had rebooted the OC200 controller (seems to be a pretty long operation for such a small configuration change).

I am using a SmallStep private Certificate Authority (CA) which produces .crt and .key files by default in EC format.  I have installed my private CA root certificate on my machine.  I used a parameter to force SmallStep to produce RSA format files.  I then had to use openSSL to convert the .crt and .key files into PFX format which I was finally able to successfully upload and then reboot the controller.

I now have a working TLS protected web interface.

However, I still get a 'HTTP Request Error (400)' when I try to use an API interface.  Since Mark Goodwin's tplink-omada-client is not a TP-Link official product, I won't belabor it's problems other than to ask:

Is there an official reference software for accessing the Omada-API?

Cheers,

Rich

Hi @RanchoHam 

Currently we only provide the Omada SDN Controller API Document for your reference. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options