The switch will not connect my Xbox and router at the same time

2024-03-23 21:22:03

When I set up my TP-SG105-M2 and connect it to the modem my Xbox will work but my wi-fi router will not work. My router works fine when I plug it directly into the modem. I have a Netgear nighthawk modem and a netgear nighthawk router. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:The switch will not connect my Xbox and router at the same time
2024-03-25 03:26:24

Hi @Stellarspoon 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is an unmanaged switch that should be plug-and-play.

Connection should be modem->router->switch->Xbox.

And you should also make sure that your cable is fine and no loop exists in your network.

If possible, set your Xbox link speed to 1Gbps if it does not support 2.5Gbps. This switch is on 2.5Gbps and auto-negotiate the speed but there may be certain cases where it fails to properly negotiate your Xbox or certain devices.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options