Wifi repeter

Wifi repeter

Wifi repeter
Wifi repeter
2024-03-24 11:58:42
Model: EAP225-Outdoor  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am looking for an external wifi repeater to recieve a wifi signal from our marina wifi and repeat it with a stronger signal to use the phone/tablet below decks. There is a reasonable wifi strength on deck but nothing much below the metal deck. I have been using Wavlink unit for a while but ut has found I am looking an alternative. One problem is I won't have anything with a RJ45 on board so wifi programming is required. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wifi repeter
2024-03-25 05:56:55

Paul54321 wrote

I am looking for an external wifi repeater to recieve a wifi signal from our marina wifi and repeat it with a stronger signal to use the phone/tablet below decks. There is a reasonable wifi strength on deck but nothing much below the metal deck. I have been using Wavlink unit for a while but ut has found I am looking an alternative. One problem is I won't have anything with a RJ45 on board so wifi programming is required. 

Hi @Paul54321 

We recommend you to have the EAP610-Outdoor or EAP650-Outdoor that supports Repeater Mode.

However, wireless signals have difficulty penetrating metal, so you will also need an additional indoor EAP or Wi-Fi router and connect it to the EAP-Outdoor via a wired connectio, ensuring that the space beneath the metal deck will has Wi-Fi coverage.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Wifi repeter
a week ago

@Paul54321 

Hello

I have purchased the EAP650-outdoors and tried to set it up as per the instructions but..

If I try to connect to the wifi without first connecting to the ethernet it just says “couldn’t get IP address”

If I connect it to the network then I can use the IP address or the HTTP://tplink***** to connect via the computer or the wifi with the default wifi name, I can connect but I am unable to find any option to use “repeater mode” as it implies in the instructions.

I can connect via wifi and I can see the internet from the ethernet cable connection but I cannot connect it to an existing wifi network to set it as a repeater for an existing wifi network.

I have installed the OMADA app on the tablet and can connect to the EAP650 via wifi as long as the EAP650 is connected to the ethernet cable, I get internet on the tablet.

The instructions on the web site seem to be displaying options I do not have in real life, there is nowhere I can select “repeater mode” or to change the mode from whatever it has selected itself at bootup.

As far as I can see this unit can ONLY operate as a wifi access point connected to the router and broadcasting the wifi, I cannot set it as a repeater or even use it to connect a PC to a distant wifi network e.g. from my office pc to the house wifi.

I hope I am missing something as it stands it is of no use to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 115

Replies: 2

Related Articles