wireguard - trafic only one way... between omada router er7206 and wireguard client on windows 10

wireguard - trafic only one way... between omada router er7206 and wireguard client on windows 10

2024-03-24 12:09:20
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Ok. I have followed tp-link (for example https://www.tp-link.com/cac/support/faq/3933/), and non tp-link manuals for set up the wireguard client (windows) to connect to er7206.

windows client is 10, wireguard is latest from wireguard homepage.

Essentially, the issue i have is, it seems that traffic goes only one way.

1,62 KiB received, 31,35 KiB sent

so received essentially stuck, while sent is obviously working (number keeps going up).

on client side when i run "ipconfig /all" i see the "Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0"

So... Any tips what i need to open on er7206 so that traffic goes both ways?  In theory setup is pretty much straigh forward.

And yes, i do have VLAN (so perhaps that might have an issue)... On er7206 - under peer setup, i have allowed those vlan networks.

Thank you.

Anton V

Options
1 Reply
Re:wireguard - trafic only one way... between omada router er7206 and wireguard client on windows 10
a week ago

@AntonV There are a couple of possible issue/solutions/mitigations:

- if you have another vpn, that would make a mess out of it. traffic might go one way, but not the other way.

- before going one-multi way with wireguard, make sure you create on a server side/client side one-on-one.

Hope this might be helpfup for someboy next time when one will try to create a wireguard server-client connection

Options