What does it take to get US based enterprise level support for long range wireless products?

What does it take to get US based enterprise level support for long range wireless products?

2024-03-27 19:38:02 - last edited 2024-03-28 01:11:36
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I wasted an hour this morning talking to 2 different people. the first person I hung up after 5 min and he was still trying to phonetically get my name.  He spoke almost no English. My 2nd attempt was not much better. She could speak some English but I was still going through phonetics to give my email address.  It took 3 tries but she finally got it.   However even after all of that she did not know much about the wireless products.   She was basically fact finding for someone to call me back and I have yet to receive a call.   

So far very disappointing.   

I need to understand what is offered in wireless.  How secure is it?  what is available for antennas?  Do you offer horizontal and vertical transmission?  What channel/frequencies are offered within the given spectrum?  

I am only transmitting about a half mile so the distance is not too far.

This form is so stupid!!!! asking me what part number when this is exactly why I am trying to get support. 

Options
6 Reply
Re:What does it take to get US based enterprise level support for long range wireless products?
2024-03-28 02:39:01

TraeS wrote

I wasted an hour this morning talking to 2 different people. the first person I hung up after 5 min and he was still trying to phonetically get my name.  He spoke almost no English. My 2nd attempt was not much better. She could speak some English but I was still going through phonetics to give my email address.  It took 3 tries but she finally got it.   However even after all of that she did not know much about the wireless products.   She was basically fact finding for someone to call me back and I have yet to receive a call.   

So far very disappointing.   

I need to understand what is offered in wireless.  How secure is it?  what is available for antennas?  Do you offer horizontal and vertical transmission?  What channel/frequencies are offered within the given spectrum?  

I am only transmitting about a half mile so the distance is not too far.

This form is so stupid!!!! asking me what part number when this is exactly why I am trying to get support. 

Hi @TraeS 

We have noticed that there is an existing ticket ID of your inquiry. And the support team will keep following your case via email. Please pay attention to your email inbox. Thanks.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:What does it take to get US based enterprise level support for long range wireless products?
2024-03-28 14:06:54

@Hank21 

I have stated very clearly that I am not going to buy products from a company that I am not able to "Talk" to.   This company wants to do everything over chat, or email, or whatever this is.   

I have done MANY wireless solutions for military and Gov.   I am very familier with what it takes to deploy these solutions, even on military bases where you have to be very careful not to interupt other wireless solutions already in place.  This is last communication I am going to make.    If its not possible for me to actually talk to someone on the phone then just say that and I will move on to a different brand.   

I have given my phone number.   Call me, tell me you cant, or do nothing.  If I cant get a call today I am moving on.   

Thanks  

Options
2024-03-28 14:17:38 - last edited 2024-03-28 14:19:04

@TraeS 

If you been setting up PTP bridges since 5 mins before dirt was made, you should be able to look at the datasheet and know what it's capable of doing.  

Stop lying to yourself bro!  you aint that technical!  Move on bro!  Good luck finding someone that will put up with your attitude! 

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-03-28 16:22:10

@KimcheeGUN 

All I asked for was a phone call.   I wanted to go over what you have to offer.  The website does not go into enough detail about each product specifically about external antenna options. 

I am not anything special but I have done this before many times, just not with TP-Link.  

TP-Link does not talk on the phone.   Got it.

Moving on.   No big deal.   

Options
2024-03-28 18:06:50

@TraeS 

Look at the data sheets dude!  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2024-03-29 18:13:26
If you want Enterprise level support, you need to buy Enterprise level equipment...Cisco, Meraki, Aruba, Etc.. lets be realistic here.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 212

Replies: 6

Related Articles