Cant change default Port when adding local controller in IOS app

2024-03-29 23:38:36 - last edited 2024-04-01 18:41:25
Tags: #APP
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 5.13.30.8

When I try to add my omada controller (which has cloud access turned off) to my ios app on my phone, I use a custom URL and port, but everytime the app switches off local access it resets the port back to 8043, whereas i have my controller through a revese proxy so need it to be 443.

If I manually set it to 443 it works once, then when i leave the controller and try to join again, it has defaulted to 8043. I think this is a Bug, and not an intended action.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cant change default Port when adding local controller in IOS app-Solution
2024-04-01 09:37:14 - last edited 2024-04-01 18:41:25

Jphannon wrote

When I try to add my omada controller (which has cloud access turned off) to my ios app on my phone, I use a custom URL and port, but everytime the app switches off local access it resets the port back to 8043, whereas i have my controller through a revese proxy so need it to be 443.

If I manually set it to 443 it works once, then when i leave the controller and try to join again, it has defaulted to 8043. I think this is a Bug, and not an intended action.

Hi @Jphannon 

May I know the Omada App version you are using now? Please try to upgrade to the latest version and try again.

If it does not help, please try to send some screenshots of controller Access Config page and the error page on Omada App.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cant change default Port when adding local controller in IOS app-Solution
2024-04-01 09:37:14 - last edited 2024-04-01 18:41:25

Jphannon wrote

Hi @Jphannon 

May I know the Omada App version you are using now? Please try to upgrade to the latest version and try again.

If it does not help, please try to send some screenshots of controller Access Config page and the error page on Omada App.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cant change default Port when adding local controller in IOS app
2024-04-01 18:42:19
Hi @hank21, Just checked the app again today and the change had stuck, didnt have to adjust the port again, dont know why but it works now :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 134

Replies: 2

Tags

APP
Related Articles