EAP211 vs EAP215 PTP Bridge recommendation

2024-04-01 23:10:40
Model: EAP211-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm looking to install a wireless bridge between two buildings in a VERY rural area that are 250m apart. My Deco X60 connected to Starlink is the only WiFI network in the area. I will have my main Deco feeding the primary AP and then have another Deco attached to the secondary AP. In the future I may add a second building (400m from the primary) so one primary AP would bridge to two secondary APs. And then I'd add another Deco to that secondary AP as well. So the APs would only be serving as bridges - not device APs. 

Given the longest bridge is only 400m, the EAP211 Bridge Kit should be more than sufficient since it claims up to 1km range. However, I would rather spend $30 more to ensure a better bridge if the EAP215 Bridge Kit would create a stronger and more reliable bridge getting me closer to the max transfer rates?? What would be the recommendation for this scenario - EAP211 or EAP215?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP211 vs EAP215 PTP Bridge recommendation
2024-04-02 11:04:18

edenehy wrote

I'm looking to install a wireless bridge between two buildings in a VERY rural area that are 250m apart. My Deco X60 connected to Starlink is the only WiFI network in the area. I will have my main Deco feeding the primary AP and then have another Deco attached to the secondary AP. In the future I may add a second building (400m from the primary) so one primary AP would bridge to two secondary APs. And then I'd add another Deco to that secondary AP as well. So the APs would only be serving as bridges - not device APs. 

Given the longest bridge is only 400m, the EAP211 Bridge Kit should be more than sufficient since it claims up to 1km range. However, I would rather spend $30 more to ensure a better bridge if the EAP215 Bridge Kit would create a stronger and more reliable bridge getting me closer to the max transfer rates?? What would be the recommendation for this scenario - EAP211 or EAP215?

Hi @edenehy 

EAP215-Bridge KIT has a more powerful Antenna than that on EAP211-Bridge KIT. However, it is important to note that antenna gain does not imply an increase in wireless rate but rather an improved control of signal radiation direction and reception sensitivity to enhance signal quality and reliability. 

Additionally, antenna gain is also associated with its directivity, where higher gain often corresponds to stronger directionality. The angle of EAP215 is Horizontal:35°, Vertical: 35°, when it is Horizontal:70°, Vertical: 70° on EAP211. Therefore, selecting an appropriate antenna gain in practical applications requires considering factors such as signal coverage, transmission distance, and the surrounding environment.

We cannot guarantee whether the wireless rate will be better with EAP215-Bridge KIT.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options