EAP-650 1.0.13 firmware randomly dropping 2.4Ghz client after some time.

3 weeks ago
Model: EAP650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

I have two EAP650s running the latest 1.0.13 firmware.  I have been experiencing an issue with both units where after some random period of time, my 2.4Ghz clients (mostly IOT type stuff) stop working.  They still show up in the list of clients, but the devices themselves don't work.  If I restart the AP, the devices re-connect and work correctly.  It's happening with both APs.  I have a 2.4Ghz only SSID that is unique to each AP that these devices are connected to.

Here you can see it happen:

Options
13 Reply
Re:EAP-650 1.0.13 firmware randomly dropping 2.4Ghz client after some time.
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @mackworth 

May I know whether your other devices in 5GHz will still work when the 2.4GHz IoT devices dropped? And what about the Rx Frames/Tx Frames/Interference on the 2.4GHz channel of the EAP650, was it acceptable? Please go to the devices - select EAP and check the details.

Furthermore, what is the frequency of this issue? Will it happen at a specify time?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 

The 5Ghz devices continue to work fine.  I took those screenshots from a Macbook Pro connected via 5ghz to the AP represented in the screenshots.  Interence is low.  One of the APs runs on channel 1 and the other runs on channel 11.  A restart instantly fixes the Dropped Packets and Errors.

For my second floor AP It happened on February 10th, February 28th, and April 7th.  For my first Floor AP it happened on February 8th, February 16th, and March 20th.  No specific time of day. Seems to have started sometime after updating ro 1.0.10 or 1.0.12.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Hank21 So today my first floor 650 got hit with the issue this time with 2.4ghz clients and my 5ghz clients kept working.  You can see in the pictures below.  I should note that I also have a EAP610-outdoor that doesn't suffer this problem at all.

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@mackworth A similar issue started for me when I got 653s. I had 245s before and never encountered any issue with 2.4GHz devices dropping off. The quick fix for me is to manually switch channels on the 2.4GHz AP. Have you tried that? Does it help?

Options
2 weeks ago

@physh For me, a restart usually fixes it without switching channels although I feel like one time I had to restart a few times before it worked.  I replaced my 245s with 650s and I ran the 650 for a while without issue but I feel like some time around December I started getting this issue. I have an EAP610-outdoor with some 2.4ghz devices on that with no issues.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 Any suggestions?  It just happened again with one of my APs.  

Options
2 weeks ago

@mackworth I have a support ticket open, linked to both of our forum posts. They are looking into it but didn't hint at a solution yet.

Options
2 weeks ago

@physh I just opened a ticket this morning.

Options
2 weeks ago

mackworth wrote

@Hank21 Any suggestions?  It just happened again with one of my APs.  

Hi @mackworth 

As the issue only occurs on the 2.4GHz devices, have you tried to change the WPA mode to WPA2 NOT including the WPA3, and disable the PMF in SSID setting? The PMF might be not compatible for some of the older wireless devices.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options