TL-SG3428X-M2 v1.0 power supply coil whine

TL-SG3428X-M2 v1.0 power supply coil whine

17 Reply
Re:TL-SG3428X-M2 v1.0 power supply coil whine
2024-04-25 09:35:41

Hi @tessierp 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

tessierp wrote

@Clive_A 

The noise itself is manageable. Just want to make sure the noise doesn't hide a power issue and then face a dying power supply. Let me know what your team thinks, I will be waiting. 

Thank you!

Test team told me that they borrowed a V1.20 and did not hear any noise similar to the video.

The serial number is about 2243214000XXX. Can you let me know what your SN looks like?

If this bothers you, you may contact your local retailer for a replacement.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-25 11:13:24

@Clive_A 

Hello,

The serial numbers of both switches are 22396L7000115 and 22396L7000009. Both of them produce the same coil whine sound. 

If your team judges this isn't normal, I probably will ask for an exchange. 

Thanks

Options
2024-04-26 00:53:18

Hi @tessierp 

tessierp wrote

@Clive_A 

Hello,

The serial numbers of both switches are 22396L7000115 and 22396L7000009. Both of them produce the same coil whine sound. 

If your team judges this isn't normal, I probably will ask for an exchange. 

Thanks

Judging from the SN, it comes from a different batch.

So, the power supply might come from different vendors. It may not be a bad power supply.

If you are worried about this, you might contact the retailer to exchange this. If you decide to keep it, and in a million to one chance that becomes defective in the future when you use it, you can contact us for the warranty as we provide a rather long-term warranty. For the specific warranty period, please take a look at your local RMA policy.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2024-04-26 13:32:39 - last edited 2024-04-26 13:33:02

@Clive_A 

You say they come from another batch. By any chance, is it possible what they tested with were version 2.0 of the switches? Mine are version 1.0. Any chance you could ask your team?

Options
2024-04-28 00:57:24

Hi @tessierp 

tessierp wrote

@Clive_A 

You say they come from another batch. By any chance, is it possible what they tested with were version 2.0 of the switches? Mine are version 1.0. Any chance you could ask your team?

1.20 = 1.0. The model they tested is 1.2.

My "batch" means that different production dates and factories and some parts may be different but when we procure them, we follow the standard and the performance to purchase parts which means our goal is to guarantee they have the same performance though some parts may be different.

We cannot borrow a specific SN as the warehouse may not have them if the other batch is made in another factory.

It looks like you still have the concerns and you may consider getting a different one when you contact your retailer. See if they have a different SN for you.

Options
2024-04-28 13:30:23

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the info.

I'll have to wait and see if the coil whine gets worse. For now it seems stable.

If I decide to RMA the switches, could you provide the link for Canada?

Thanks for your help.

Options
2024-04-29 00:52:57 - last edited 2024-04-29 01:58:59

Hi @tessierp 

tessierp wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the info.

I'll have to wait and see if the coil whine gets worse. For now it seems stable.

If I decide to RMA the switches, could you provide the link for Canada?

Thanks for your help.

Contact the local support. Rep will get it done by the book. Should be no problem.

Update: https://www.tp-link.com/ca/support/contact-technical-support/

Options
Related Articles