OC200 controller issue?

OC200 controller issue?

OC200 controller issue?
OC200 controller issue?
2024-04-12 17:45:57 - last edited 2024-05-16 05:46:30
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.13.2 Build 20240110 Rel.78759

Just trying to get my bearings as to what could have happened. 

Recently installed a whole omada network with six eap610 and two outdoor eap610's as link for an outbuilding with one eap610 indoor. The main building has the ER605 v2.0 into the TL-SG2428P v1.0. and the outbuilding connect with Outdoor eap 610 into the SG3210 v3.20 with and indoor eap610 attached. The controller is plugged into Sg2428P port poe swtich.

I noticed the other day controller was offline on the cloud side and I got a report the guest network wasn't letting users connect. Which lead me to believe the controller was the issue. However when I got onsite I couldn't ping the device locally. The Power light was lit up along with the cloud light. Eth1 was lit up and blinking like it was fine and connected. So I restarted it by unplugging the ethernet cable to it. I also added a micro usb power supply to it into the UPS near by. Controller booted up and everything was back to normal. Cloud was online agian and the guest network portal was back up and working. 

Anyone have and idea what caused it to hang up/ crash/ disconect? I'm not really sure what happend as the logs don't show anything. Is there anything I should setup for a schudle reboot of the controller? This has only been running for seven days flawlessly! This is my first go with TP Link omada. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:OC200 controller issue?
2024-04-16 05:44:06

Rtech wrote

Just trying to get my bearings as to what could have happened. 

Recently installed a whole omada network with six eap610 and two outdoor eap610's as link for an outbuilding with one eap610 indoor. The main building has the ER605 v2.0 into the TL-SG2428P v1.0. and the outbuilding connect with Outdoor eap 610 into the SG3210 v3.20 with and indoor eap610 attached. The controller is plugged into Sg2428P port poe swtich.

I noticed the other day controller was offline on the cloud side and I got a report the guest network wasn't letting users connect. Which lead me to believe the controller was the issue. However when I got onsite I couldn't ping the device locally. The Power light was lit up along with the cloud light. Eth1 was lit up and blinking like it was fine and connected. So I restarted it by unplugging the ethernet cable to it. I also added a micro usb power supply to it into the UPS near by. Controller booted up and everything was back to normal. Cloud was online agian and the guest network portal was back up and working. 

Anyone have and idea what caused it to hang up/ crash/ disconect? I'm not really sure what happend as the logs don't show anything. Is there anything I should setup for a schudle reboot of the controller? This has only been running for seven days flawlessly! This is my first go with TP Link omada. 

Hi @Rtech 

May I double confirm whether you had tried to local access the OC200 when you found it disconnected from the cloud? Meanwhile, please try to wired connect to the ER605 and TL-SG2428P, or connect to the EAP WiFi, are you able to get the IP address and PING the OC200? We may need to ensure the Router is working properly.

If rather, please also try to connect a computer to OC200’s second LAN port, and see whether you can get the IP. It will be better if you can try to replace another short, good-quality cable between hardware controller and your switch.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-04-16 17:05:33 - last edited 2024-04-16 17:05:53

@Hank21 

I plugged in a usb power supply to move the connections to the router and switch and went directily from it to my laptop and couldn't connect or ping. So I discconted the power and powered it back on. Came back up fine and has been working for 4 days now fine. I did replace the cable as well. 

Options
2024-04-17 08:40:23

Rtech wrote

@Hank21 

I plugged in a usb power supply to move the connections to the router and switch and went directily from it to my laptop and couldn't connect or ping. So I discconted the power and powered it back on. Came back up fine and has been working for 4 days now fine. I did replace the cable as well. 

Hi @Rtech 

Thanks for updating. It might be related to the connection between the OC200 and the switch, or related to the power supply. Please monitor the performance since you changed the cable, and see whether it will be stable.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 398

Replies: 3

Related Articles