Can’t adopt AP

Can’t adopt AP

Can’t adopt AP
Can’t adopt AP
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I have an Omada controller and three APs; two 610s and one 225. The 225 died and I bought another to replace it (brand new from TPLink) but cannot adopt it through the app. Get asked for username and password over and over. Have tried admin/admin, tried my own device password in site settings. Have factory reset the AP, rebooted the controller. Always fails. Can someone help?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can’t adopt AP

@aliciavr6 

This is the official guide for this type of issues - I believe your issue is the first scenario.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

@terziyski Thank you, I had already seen that. The EAP had never been set up before, and admin/admin did not work. I factory reset it by hitting the reset button for 10 seconds and admin/admin still didn't work. 

Options

@aliciavr6 

Make sure that you're with the latest FW release on your EAP.

Use a different browser to adopt EAP and check if there's a difference.

Here are some steps you can try as well.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

@terziyski firmware is up to date. I also realized my wired 610 is not broadcasting a SSID. So that's a whole other issue to deal with first. Thanks for the help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 121

Replies: 4

Related Articles