Tp link omada more difficult to setup?

2024-04-22 13:19:16 - last edited 2024-04-23 07:08:33
Model: SG2210MP   TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I've been using Omada for a while now, but only for managing AP's.

Recently I've bought 2 new switches, that I directly adopted into the omada setup, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to find a clear "how-to" to setup VLANS, and especially trunks between switches. I couldn't even find any PVID settings 

I then "forgot" the devices from Omada, logged in each switch seperatly and there I could easily configure them. So my question is, why is the omada interface making things more difficult to set up, instead of easier?

Anyone have a clear how-to (web page or video) to get me going? Centralised management though Omada would be preferred, but only if it's easy to maintain...

PS: I'm using PFSense as my firewall, this is also the place where my Vlans are created and DHCP servers are. I've allready seen some video's but they do a complete VLAN/DHCP setup inside of Omada, so that's not "compatible" with my network setup.

Kind regards

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tp link omada more difficult to setup?-Solution
2024-04-23 03:53:22 - last edited 2024-04-23 07:08:33

Hi @Houseofdreams_ 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you try this guide first on how-to VLAN config?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Tp link omada more difficult to setup?-Solution
2024-04-23 03:53:22 - last edited 2024-04-23 07:08:33

Hi @Houseofdreams_ 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Can you try this guide first on how-to VLAN config?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tp link omada more difficult to setup?
2024-04-23 07:07:48

I decided (for now at least) to stay with the standalone configuration of the switches, as I find this just a bit easier to configure than with the omada interface.  Sadly you can't have the best of both worlds, the switches adopted in omada, but still the option to also configure them locally. 

Thanks for the configuration guide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 260

Replies: 2

Related Articles