EAP670 Channel Width setting clarification

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Channel width
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all...just need to clarify the channel width setting.  I have v2.6 hardware if it matters.

If you leave channel width slection to auto, it shows (20/40/80/160).  I manually have the channel set to 161 as my base given netighbor usage.  The other options on the AP are to to set 20, 40, 80 discretly.

Question is, I have no interest in 160 width, nor will I get it manually selecting channel 161, so if I were to set this at 80....does it only lock at 80 or will it adjust lower (40,20) as/if needed?  I guess I am used to other AP's which have settings like (20/40 or 20/40/80, etc).

thanks in advance

Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP670 Channel Width setting clarification
a week ago

b8kedziti wrote

Hi all...just need to clarify the channel width setting.  I have v2.6 hardware if it matters.

If you leave channel width slection to auto, it shows (20/40/80/160).  I manually have the channel set to 161 as my base given netighbor usage.  The other options on the AP are to to set 20, 40, 80 discretly.

Question is, I have no interest in 160 width, nor will I get it manually selecting channel 161, so if I were to set this at 80....does it only lock at 80 or will it adjust lower (40,20) as/if needed?  I guess I am used to other AP's which have settings like (20/40 or 20/40/80, etc).

thanks in advance

Hi @b8kedziti 

When the 160 MHz channel width is enabled, there are only two continuous blocks of channels that you can actually use - these are channels 36 to 64 and 100 to 128 (e.g., available with the Switzerland country code), which means the 161 channel is not available when you selected the channel width as 160MHz.

Here are some description about the available channels in 160MHz. Available channels on the 5 GHz band using 160Mhz channel width

If you set the channel width to 80 MHz, the AP will lock the channel width to 80 MHz for that specific radio. It will not automatically adjust to lower channel widths like 40 MHz or 20 MHz unless you manually change the setting or if there is a specific condition that requires a fallback to a lower channel width.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:EAP670 Channel Width setting clarification
a week ago

@Hank21 

Thank you...had one other question if you can help and its in regards to transmit power levels in standalone mode without controller.

There is the option if changing the dbm value (2ghz...max 25 and on 2ghz...max of 28).  is it just a matter of dividing that number to get a "Low/Med/High" baseline?

I would like to keep 5ghz at 28 and lower the 2ghz to medium some to encourage clients to use 5ghz, as I dont want to turn on band steering and let the clients decide as I've done in the past with other mfg APs which much success.  Would that be changing it to "13dbm" ?

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 85

Replies: 2

Tags

Channel width
Related Articles