Fan Fault

Fan Fault

Fan Fault
Fan Fault
a week ago - last edited a week ago
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.20.2

I have a SG2428P v5.20 switch and I replaced the stock fans with Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM. I am getting a fan fault in the controller yet they are spinning and the switch is cold to the touch. Am I ok to ignore this fault or how can I fix this in the controller?

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Fan Fault-Solution

Hi @pwnjuice 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

It does not look like a hardware issue. When you replaced the stock fan, did you check if it was a PWM or DC fan? You might use a same type of fan instead.

That might be a problem when you replaced the factory stock fan and made the fan detector think it malfunctioned.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do for you about this as you have replaced the fan.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Fan Fault-Solution

Hi @pwnjuice 

It does not look like a hardware issue. When you replaced the stock fan, did you check if it was a PWM or DC fan? You might use a same type of fan instead.

That might be a problem when you replaced the factory stock fan and made the fan detector think it malfunctioned.

Unfortunately, there isn't anything we can do for you about this as you have replaced the fan.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Fan Fault
a week ago
Back to my question is it ok if ignore that error since the fans are working?
Options
Re:Fan Fault
a week ago

Hi @pwnjuice 

pwnjuice wrote

Back to my question is it ok if ignore that error since the fans are working?

Correct.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 92

Replies: 3

Related Articles