Issues connecting to EAP230

a week ago
Model: EAP230-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.1.1

Hi,

As the EAP230 has button disconnect functionality I am forcing some connections to only use this EAP.

The SSID are using PPSK and when I setup a dedicated WIFI network and assign it only to this EAP everything works as expected.

However, prior to doing this I clicked on a devices MAC address and chose FORCE AP and assigned it to the EAP230, the device now fails to connect to the network, the EAP has the correct bands setup etc, previously accepted the login info, but almost like the FORCE is now acting as a Block?

Also, I can no longer see the DEVICE MAC listed anywhere in my conections, how do I access the MAC addresses that are FORCED currently if they are not showing in my LISt?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Issues connecting to EAP230
a week ago

StormFusion wrote

Hi,

As the EAP230 has button disconnect functionality I am forcing some connections to only use this EAP.

The SSID are using PPSK and when I setup a dedicated WIFI network and assign it only to this EAP everything works as expected.

However, prior to doing this I clicked on a devices MAC address and chose FORCE AP and assigned it to the EAP230, the device now fails to connect to the network, the EAP has the correct bands setup etc, previously accepted the login info, but almost like the FORCE is now acting as a Block?

Also, I can no longer see the DEVICE MAC listed anywhere in my conections, how do I access the MAC addresses that are FORCED currently if they are not showing in my LISt?

Hi @StormFusion 

Do you mean the lock to AP function? Or could you share the page you set up the FORCE AP?

Besides, for the clients connected to EAP before, please go to Insights > Know Clients to find them.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Issues connecting to EAP230
a week ago

@Hank21 

Yes, sorry I was referring to the LOCK TO AP etc, however I think I found the issue, when I switched off the Roaming function for the WiFi connection it then seems to work.

Options