Unauth failed error in Omada Controller OC300

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.22.4 Build 20240304 Rel.59252

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Hardware Controller OC300 where we encounter an "Unauth Failed" error when attempting to unauthorize a client from the captive portal. After this error occurs, we are unable to remove the client from the system. However, the network remains properly connected through the Omada Controller, and we have verified that there is no connectivity issue by performing a ping test.

This problem has occurred multiple times, and our temporary solution has been to restart the VPN and Omada Controller, which resolves the issue for about an hour. However, after that, the same error occurs again. I have previously posted this issue on the TP-Link Business community but have not received a solution yet. I have attached pictures of the Hardware Controller for your reference

File:
Troubleshooting_output.zipDownload
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unauth failed error in Omada Controller OC300-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Thank you, @Hank21, for your cooperation. We wanted to inform you that we have successfully resolved the issue related to the "Unauth failed error" in the Omada Controller OC300.

It was determined that the error occurred when attempting to unauthorized a client for the portal.

Upon careful observation by our team, we identified a conflict with the static IP addresses in our network. By resolving this conflict, we were able to resolve the "Unauth failed error" in the Omada Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unauth failed error in Omada Controller OC300
3 weeks ago

AnnusKhan wrote

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Hardware Controller OC300 where we encounter an "Unauth Failed" error when attempting to unauthorize a client from the captive portal. After this error occurs, we are unable to remove the client from the system. However, the network remains properly connected through the Omada Controller, and we have verified that there is no connectivity issue by performing a ping test.

This problem has occurred multiple times, and our temporary solution has been to restart the VPN and Omada Controller, which resolves the issue for about an hour. However, after that, the same error occurs again. I have previously posted this issue on the TP-Link Business community but have not received a solution yet. I have attached pictures of the Hardware Controller for your reference

Hi @AnnusKhan 

May I have the screenshots of the whole page when you encounter this error? And please share some screenshots of your portal page to us.

For these clients, may I know whether they are wireless client, or they are wired client?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Following are the screenshots. 

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @AnnusKhan 

Thanks for sharing. Could you please help to confirm whether there were any EAP disconnected from the controller when you encountered this issue? Please go to Devices page to check the EAP status. You can also share the screenshot of the EAP status page.

If rather, could you also try to test whether the communication between the controller and EAP was disconnected? 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @AnnusKhan 

To assist you better, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID TKID240515661, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options
Re:Unauth failed error in Omada Controller OC300-Solution
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Thank you, @Hank21, for your cooperation. We wanted to inform you that we have successfully resolved the issue related to the "Unauth failed error" in the Omada Controller OC300.

It was determined that the error occurred when attempting to unauthorized a client for the portal.

Upon careful observation by our team, we identified a conflict with the static IP addresses in our network. By resolving this conflict, we were able to resolve the "Unauth failed error" in the Omada Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 183

Replies: 5

Related Articles