SWITCH T2600 vs ROUTER ER605

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-05-11 09:53:12 - last edited 2024-05-13 01:11:58
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Very good. I am using Google Translate to write in English. Something may sound different.

I currently have an ER605 VPN router with multiple VLANs. It is connected to a 1024DE Switch where I have configured the ports with the vlanIDs.

We are going to change the Switch for a professional one. The model is the T2600.

From what I have read, this model allows L3 and you can directly create vlans and it has a DHCP server and you can create ACLs.

Currently it is the ER605 router that has all the configurations.

The question is whether it is better for all vlan configurations, DHCP servers, and ACL rules to be managed by the T2600 router or left to the ER605 router.

All the tutorials I see on the Internet always explain how to configure vlans on switches but not on routers.

So I had the doubt whether everything is managed by the Switch or managed by the router.

Options
1 Reply
Re:SWITCH T2600 vs ROUTER ER605
2024-05-13 01:11:53

Hi @BDPR 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please do not repeat your thread on different pages. If this happens again, we will consider this as spam. I will answer your question in the other thread: Router ER605 or Switch T2600

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options