TP Link Switch not booting

2024-05-13 08:45:52 - last edited 2024-05-14 00:59:21
Model: TL-SG3452  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I am unable to get the firmware version since the unit is now broken. Only the power LED comes up, no other light comes up. When i try to access the switch via a console port, the below are the messages displayed when i try to reset. kindly assist 

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
                *         TP-Link  BOOTUTIL(v1.0.0)          *
                Copyright (c) 2021 TP-Link Corporation Limited
                Create Date: May 14 2021 - 22:36:15

Boot Menu
0  - Print this boot menu
1  - Reboot
2  - Reset
3  - Start
4  - Activate Backup Image
5  - Display image(s) info
6  - Password recovery

Enter your choice(0-6)

tplink>    5
Images in system:
index  Attribute  Size        Filename
-----  ---------  ----------  ---------------------
1      (b)        10485760    image1.bin
2      (*)        10485760    image2.bin
-----  ---------  ----------  ---------------------

(*) - with the Startup attribute
(b) - with the Backup attribute
tplink> 1
Are you sure to reboot the device?[Y/N]:y
rebooting...

Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
Erasing SPI flash...Writing to SPI flash...done

Begin to startup system, please wait a moment...

Starting kernel ...

L2:(tp_fdb_init)line885, RTL8380 ERROR=3
L2:(adFdbInit)line1585, RTL8380 ERROR=3

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP Link Switch not booting-Solution
2024-05-14 00:59:14 - last edited 2024-05-14 00:59:21

Hi @mebombay 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

mebombay wrote

I already attempted a reset, pls see the error message below Boot Menu 0 - Print this boot menu 1 - Reboot 2 - Reset 3 - Start 4 - Activate Backup Image 5 - Display image(s) info 6 - Password recovery Enter your choice(0-6) tplink> 2 Are you sure to reset the device?[Y/N]:y resetting... Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 Begin to startup system, please wait a moment... Starting kernel ... L2:(tp_fdb_init)line885, RTL8380 ERROR=3 L2:(adFdbInit)line1585, RTL8380 ERROR=3

Same error as the reboot. OK.

You may contact the support team regarding the RMA issue. Please provide related purchase info and a label picture in the email.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Switch not booting
2024-05-13 08:56:50

Hi @mebombay 

Since I don't know what happened to your device, I would recommend you reset it first. Let's see if you can reset it and log in to it so we know if it is broken or not.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
Re:TP Link Switch not booting
2024-05-13 10:42:38
I already attempted a reset, pls see the error message below Boot Menu 0 - Print this boot menu 1 - Reboot 2 - Reset 3 - Start 4 - Activate Backup Image 5 - Display image(s) info 6 - Password recovery Enter your choice(0-6) tplink> 2 Are you sure to reset the device?[Y/N]:y resetting... Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0 Begin to startup system, please wait a moment... Starting kernel ... L2:(tp_fdb_init)line885, RTL8380 ERROR=3 L2:(adFdbInit)line1585, RTL8380 ERROR=3
Options
Re:TP Link Switch not booting-Solution
2024-05-14 00:59:14 - last edited 2024-05-14 00:59:21

Hi @mebombay 

mebombay wrote

Same error as the reboot. OK.

You may contact the support team regarding the RMA issue. Please provide related purchase info and a label picture in the email.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 161

Replies: 3

Related Articles