MC220L Media Converter what SFP to Use Simplex Single Mode

2024-05-14 05:16:45 - last edited 2024-05-14 07:38:41

Hi All

I recently purchased 2 x MC220L Media Converters and trying to figure out what SFP’s to purchase.

I am currently wanting to extend a CAT 6 Network.

I am running Single Mode fiber LC and would prefer to run just simplex and not Duplex.

Would I need to purchase 2 x TL-SM321A SFP’s or 1 x TL-SM321A and 1 x TL-SM321B ?

Apologies I am very new to this and still learning.

Regards 

Aidan 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:MC220L Media Converter what SFP to Use Simplex Single Mode -Solution
2024-05-14 06:46:59 - last edited 2024-05-14 07:38:41

Hi @Aidan-W123 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

A and B should be purchased in pairs. Don't buy two module A which will definitely not work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:MC220L Media Converter what SFP to Use Simplex Single Mode -Solution
2024-05-14 06:46:59 - last edited 2024-05-14 07:38:41

Hi @Aidan-W123 

A and B should be purchased in pairs. Don't buy two module A which will definitely not work.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:MC220L Media Converter what SFP to Use Simplex Single Mode
2024-05-14 06:58:39

@Clive_A thank you so much for the quick response. Just to clarify. 

Would It mater on which end I use the A or the B? 

Options
Re:MC220L Media Converter what SFP to Use Simplex Single Mode
2024-05-14 07:03:47

Hi @Aidan-W123 

Aidan-W123 wrote

@Clive_A thank you so much for the quick response. Just to clarify. 

Would It mater on which end I use the A or the B? 

Nope. That does not matter. As long as you use them in pairs, they'll figure it out themselves. Basically, plug-and-play.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 135

Replies: 3

Related Articles