Setting up two EAP211 Bridge Kits in Series

2024-05-20 16:19:07
Model: EAP211-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I set up an EAP211 Bridge Kit successfully (super easy) in the following simple topology:

Internet --> Deco X60 1 --> EAP211 Main AP 1 --> EAP211 Sub AP 1 --> Deco X60 2

This worked great and I had full speed to the internet across the bridge.

Then I bought a second Kit to extend further off the right end to another building which doesn't have line of the site to the first Main AP. The topology of this was:

Internet --> Deco X60 1 --> EAP211 Main AP 1 --> EAP211 Sub AP 1 --> Deco X60 2 --> EAP211 Main AP 2 --> EAP211 Sub AP 2 --> Deco x55

But when I set it up the second bridge kit, the speeds all dropped dramatically. I noticed the Main AP 1 was on one radio channel and the other three were all on the same different radio channel (radio channel was set to auto and I couldn't change radio channel using OMADA iPhone App). I think the Decos were actually just connecting to each other via very weak Mesh signal not even using the Bridges. I unplugged the second bridge entirely and rebooted everything and I got back to the original single bridge set up with full speed.

Is there any technical issue setting up this second topology with the two Bridges?

Is there any problem if the EAP211 Sub AP 1 and EAP Main AP 2 (both connected to the same Deco X60 2) are only a few feet from each other but pointing in completely opposite directions (also on two different sides of the corner of a building)??

To make the two bridge topology work, do I need to ensure the two Bridges are on separate radio channels (both Bridge 1 APs on one channel, and both Bridge 2 APs on a second different channel)? I did name the SSIDs differently.

If the above is true, what software can I use to set the radio channels for the Bridges if they don't set themselves up correctly - the APs set the radio channels automatically and I couldn't figure out how to change them??

Thanks for any guidance!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting up two EAP211 Bridge Kits in Series
2024-05-21 03:15:56

Hi @edenehy 

Yes you will be able to set up two pairs of EAP211-Bridge. For your reference, the channel of the mesh EAP211-Bridge(which should be the second and forth EAP211 in your topology) should be the same as the front EAP211-Bridge. You can check the channel on the first and second EAP211 in your first topology.

However, it seems that one of the mesh EAP211 was not connecting to the correct root EAP211. Could you try to re-configure the third EAP211 and re-configure the forth EAP211 and confirm that they will connect properly? Please share some screenshots of your setting page to us.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-05-21 14:34:29

@Hank21 

Thank you! I will try that this weekend and report back.  

Options
2024-05-28 01:24:19

@Hank21M

Reset both of the APs on the second bridge to factory settings and then set them up fresh and it worked fine.

So now have two bridges, each with one Main AP and one secondardy AP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 450

Replies: 3

Related Articles