TP-Link FORCE POE to a specific port in a Switch?

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Tags: #PoE

Good day,

I'm busy making a quote for a new installation, There is going to be a few P2P (CPE710) in this installation.

As we know, the P2P dish comes with a POE injector.

Is there a way I can bypass the POE injector and plug the dish directly in the switch and inject power to that specific port?

I have a UBNT Edge switch 24 at home and I know I can do it with that switch.

This is the switches I want to use.

TL-SG1218MPE

TL-SG2428P

TL-SG2210MP

Any help or feedback will be much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-Link FORCE POE to a specific port in a Switch?-Solution

Hi @ChrisAuc 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CPE is not PoE-compatible. Why my PoE powered device cannot work properly when connected to the PoE Switch?

In this case, you cannot use the PoE switch to power it up. You are required to use the PoE injector we included for you. That's a passive PoE, unlike the standard 802.3 PoE. What’s PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-Link FORCE POE to a specific port in a Switch?-Solution

Hi @ChrisAuc 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

CPE is not PoE-compatible. Why my PoE powered device cannot work properly when connected to the PoE Switch?

In this case, you cannot use the PoE switch to power it up. You are required to use the PoE injector we included for you. That's a passive PoE, unlike the standard 802.3 PoE. What’s PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options