WPA3 connection is required

2024-05-28 12:36:41 - last edited 2024-06-10 03:28:00
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

HI 

Im using tplink EAP235 WALL indoor and tplink EAP650 OUTdoor wifi 6 and i have this problem (wpa3 connection is required) and WPA Setting in Omada Controller is WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE / AES, first my network was fine then i installed EAP650 OUTdoor wifi 6 then this issue started so can anyone assist me to solve this problem

THANK YOU

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:WPA3 connection is required-Solution
2024-05-29 12:34:32 - last edited 2024-06-10 03:28:00

@Hank21 

Hi

Yes when i installed EAP650-Outdoor my SSID rejected me to connect and im using same controller and same ssid both EAP235-Wall and EAP650 but finally and i change WPA setting to WPA/WPA2/ AES and i removed the wpa3 and now both of them is working fine and your suggestion is also important for me because i recommended this tplinks and i dont want to suffer my clients.

Thank you for your help

Hank21 wrote

engrelmi wrote

HI 

Im using tplink EAP235 WALL indoor and tplink EAP650 OUTdoor wifi 6 and i have this problem (wpa3 connection is required) and WPA Setting in Omada Controller is WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE / AES, first my network was fine then i installed EAP650 OUTdoor wifi 6 then this issue started so can anyone assist me this solve this problem

THANK YOU

Hi @engrelmi 

May I know mode details about your situation? What happened when you installed the EAP650-Outdoor? Did you fail to connect to the WiFi SSID?

The EAP235-Wall does not support WPA3, thus the WPA3 setting will only appy to the WiFi SSID from the EAP650-Outdoor. If you encountered the connection issue, could you try to create a test SSID without 6GHz, not contains WPA3 and try again?

Or please try to change the PMF to capable on SSID advance setting. Please also share the screenshots of your SSID setting page.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:WPA3 connection is required
2024-05-29 03:29:18 - last edited 2024-05-29 08:19:24

engrelmi wrote

HI 

Im using tplink EAP235 WALL indoor and tplink EAP650 OUTdoor wifi 6 and i have this problem (wpa3 connection is required) and WPA Setting in Omada Controller is WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE / AES, first my network was fine then i installed EAP650 OUTdoor wifi 6 then this issue started so can anyone assist me this solve this problem

THANK YOU

Hi @engrelmi 

May I know mode details about your situation? What happened when you installed the EAP650-Outdoor? Did you fail to connect to the WiFi SSID?

The EAP235-Wall does not support WPA3, thus the WPA3 setting will only appy to the WiFi SSID from the EAP650-Outdoor. If you encountered the connection issue, could you try to create a test SSID without 6GHz, not contains WPA3 and try again?

Or please try to change the PMF to capable on SSID advance setting. Please also share the screenshots of your SSID setting page.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:WPA3 connection is required-Solution
2024-05-29 12:34:32 - last edited 2024-06-10 03:28:00

@Hank21 

Hi

Yes when i installed EAP650-Outdoor my SSID rejected me to connect and im using same controller and same ssid both EAP235-Wall and EAP650 but finally and i change WPA setting to WPA/WPA2/ AES and i removed the wpa3 and now both of them is working fine and your suggestion is also important for me because i recommended this tplinks and i dont want to suffer my clients.

Thank you for your help

Hank21 wrote

engrelmi wrote

HI 

THANK YOU

Hi @engrelmi 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 545

Replies: 2

Related Articles