monitoring switch - snmp

monitoring switch - snmp

monitoring switch - snmp
monitoring switch - snmp
3 weeks ago
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:
Good afternoon!
I'm trying to activate SNMP on a T2600G-28TS switch, but without success.

I can monitor other switches that I manage through Omada without any problems.

Monitoring is done by another network that connects via VPN to the devices.

I have already activated it according to the documentation, but I don't know if I need to release the network that will do the monitoring.
Options
5 Reply
Re:monitoring switch - snmp
3 weeks ago

Hi @JacksonC 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

If the links are helpful:

https://www.zabbix.com/integrations/tp-link

https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/605022

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A  Good morning; Thanks for the answer.

But it didn't help me, I can activate SNMP on the switch, but I can't perform remote monitoring.

I can even ping the remote equipment, but SNMP apparently does not allow me to monitor the switch from an IP outside the network.

The switches I have linked to OMADA do not have this problem.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @JacksonC 

JacksonC wrote

@Clive_A  Good morning; Thanks for the answer.

But it didn't help me, I can activate SNMP on the switch, but I can't perform remote monitoring.

I can even ping the remote equipment, but SNMP apparently does not allow me to monitor the switch from an IP outside the network.

The switches I have linked to OMADA do not have this problem.

If you expect me to be helpful, please give me some context of your network.

I am confused by "does not allow me to monitor the switch from an IP outside the network."

This is not something usual to do. You should port forward if this is the case.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

Good morning!

I have the network where the switch is located (192.168.0.0/24) to monitor the equipment via VPN through the network (192.168.88.0/24).

I don't know if this could be the reason I can't perform monitoring.

Options
2 weeks ago

Hi @JacksonC 

JacksonC wrote

@Clive_A 

Good morning!

I have the network where the switch is located (192.168.0.0/24) to monitor the equipment via VPN through the network (192.168.88.0/24).

I don't know if this could be the reason I can't perform monitoring.

It should not be a problem. If possible, I would recommend you do a test in the same LAN. Then try over the VPN so we need to rule out the possibilities.

You might wanna confirm if ports are allowed on your SNMP server because this SNMP agent is over a VPN tunnel.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 103

Replies: 5

Related Articles