VIGI NVR1008H Unable to add more than 3 RTSP feeds

2024-06-05 09:00:30 - last edited a week ago
Model: VIGI NVR1008H-8MP  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

Trying to use the NVR1008H to view 4 camera RTSP feeds, cameras 1-4 add fine and say connected but only 1-3 display on the screen, when you double click on 4 it views full screen fine.

I notice that ch4 uses the sub stream whereas all the others use the main. 

Happens no matter what order I add the cameras, its always channels 4+ that don't view.

I fiddled with some more of the RTSP configuration and got the message "Limited Resources to watch this please turn off other channels or change the stream settings in Main Menu >settings >Stream.... When I go to do this I then get another error on the "Stream" page saying "Unavailable for all channels" and then doesn't let me change any of the settings. 

Cameras are viewing fine individually and elsewhere on the network we have no issues connecting to the streams. 

Is this a limitation of the NVR? 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VIGI NVR1008H Unable to add more than 3 RTSP feeds-Solution
2024-06-06 02:09:24 - last edited a week ago

Hi @laurencerussell 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So many things are left unclear.

What's the firmware of your product?

What are the cameras? Not the VIGI one, correct? Then are they updated?

Except for the streams on the VIGI NVR, their streams are connected somewhere else? Can you make sure that the NVR is the only stream it utilizes?

Have you tried to reset the NVR and start over? Rule out other factors and use default parameters to test if you can view 4 at the same time.

You should also pay attention to the decode capacity. Its limit seems to be reached. That's why your 4th camera is on substream. Lower the res, too.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR1008H Unable to add more than 3 RTSP feeds-Solution
2024-06-06 02:09:24 - last edited a week ago

Hi @laurencerussell 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So many things are left unclear.

What's the firmware of your product?

What are the cameras? Not the VIGI one, correct? Then are they updated?

Except for the streams on the VIGI NVR, their streams are connected somewhere else? Can you make sure that the NVR is the only stream it utilizes?

Have you tried to reset the NVR and start over? Rule out other factors and use default parameters to test if you can view 4 at the same time.

You should also pay attention to the decode capacity. Its limit seems to be reached. That's why your 4th camera is on substream. Lower the res, too.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 246

Replies: 1

Related Articles