TL-POE150S does not show a detection signal

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: TL-POE150S  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I am testing your TL-POE150S with one of my devices, but the power line of my device is allways 0V. I took a look with the oscyloscope at the voltage between the pins 7/8 and 5/4 of the ethernet cable that comes from your device since I expected to see a detection signal of 2-10V once i plug it to the power or after a while. But i dont see anything. 

Can you help me here? 

Thank you so much in advance. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-POE150S does not show a detection signal -Solution

Hi @NasCraftsman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NasCraftsman wrote

After some testings i see that the signals your PoE device is using are the 1/2 and the 3/6 ... so it is a Mode A device, not Mode B. Do you have any device that operates in Mode B ( pins 4/5 and 7/8) ?

No. Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-POE150S does not show a detection signal
2 weeks ago
After some testings i see that the signals your PoE device is using are the 1/2 and the 3/6 ... so it is a Mode A device, not Mode B. Do you have any device that operates in Mode B ( pins 4/5 and 7/8) ?
Options
Re:TL-POE150S does not show a detection signal
2 weeks ago

@NasCraftsman After manually modification of the ethernet cable i got: 

A detection voltage of : 3.8V 
A classification voltage of: 7.8V ( what in my opinion is not correct ) 
A supply power of 48V

But after 500ms of the 48V power delivey, the process starts again.

What is happening here ?  

Options
Re:TL-POE150S does not show a detection signal -Solution

Hi @NasCraftsman 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NasCraftsman wrote

No. Common Questions About 802.3 PoE

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 92

Replies: 3

Related Articles