Accessing VIGI Camera and VIGI NVR remotely when the router gets the IP address via CGNAT

Accessing VIGI Camera and VIGI NVR remotely when the router gets the IP address via CGNAT

a week ago - last edited a week ago
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am planning to setup VIGI NVR(VIGI NVR1008H V2) with ~8 VIGI cameras and the router is Archer AX10. The LAN is behind double NAT and the ISP uses CGNAT. Also, there is no IPv6 implementation. Sadly there are no ISP alternatives. Will the system be remotely accessible via the VIGI App?

I tried reading about it in various forums and port forwarding was mentioned a lot. And usually the answer was that it is not possible on CGNAT networks. The advice was to get a public IP address. The ISP is charging triple for that, so static IP is not an option.

I wish to know if I will be able to access the NVR and the cameras behind CGNAT remotely. Also, as I understand from the VIGI NVR guide, if remote viewing is possible, managing the NVR/Cameras would also be possible. Is that right?

Thank you for helping!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Accessing VIGI Camera and VIGI NVR remotely when the router gets the IP address via CGNAT-Solution

Hi @ledebe 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Yes, it will.

This is bound to our cloud system and you don't have to own a public IP address.

The way you described is direct access which you expose your NVR to the public Internet.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Accessing VIGI Camera and VIGI NVR remotely when the router gets the IP address via CGNAT-Solution

Hi @ledebe 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Yes, it will.

This is bound to our cloud system and you don't have to own a public IP address.

The way you described is direct access which you expose your NVR to the public Internet.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 82

Replies: 1

Related Articles