Is there any way of Downgrading Firmware?

2 weeks ago
Model: VIGI NVR4032H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 240424 Rel.75896n

Greetings,

In my company we bought a VIGI NVR4032H, which was working fine-ish and adding all cameras for security recordings. Yesterday I happened to upgrade from Firmware 1.0.1 to 1.0.5, which caused a lot of my cameras to suddenly just not work in the NVR, some are added but give no video, others just say "Request failed.". This is a huge problem for me since most of these cameras are in difficult places and would require to change them for some newer cameras, since I saw the ones got disabled are all "DCS-XXXX" models, the other VIGI and TAPO cameras we have are working fine. 

Thank you very much!

Options
5 Reply
Re:Is there any way of Downgrading Firmware?
a week ago

Hi @Daniel_Brisson 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Have you tried to reboot opther IPCs?

Any further information can you share with me? A screenshot of the error message for other IPCs?

VIGI and Tapo still work which means the system still functions normally. ONVIF of the Tapo works. VIGI proprietary protocol also works.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your answer, I have tried rebooting all the IPCs that stopped working after the firmware upgrade, but no use.

The cameras can be added to the NVR, but it just says "No Network Video" which is false since my Synology NAS surveillance can pick up and record footage of that camera.

I'll attach exactly what it says, I tried changing the port, but it just auto corrects to 80, I know a simple firmware downgrade would solve it since it has worked perfectly for months.

I'll be awaiting your answer on how to proceed.

Thanks

Options
a week ago

Hi @Daniel_Brisson 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Daniel_Brisson wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for your answer, I have tried rebooting all the IPCs that stopped working after the firmware upgrade, but no use.

The cameras can be added to the NVR, but it just says "No Network Video" which is false since my Synology NAS surveillance can pick up and record footage of that camera.

I'll attach exactly what it says, I tried changing the port, but it just auto corrects to 80, I know a simple firmware downgrade would solve it since it has worked perfectly for months.

I'll be awaiting your answer on how to proceed.

Thanks

I need to know the specific model number and vendor name.

In addition, how many IPCs do you have on this NVR? Can you make sure that the stream is not used up by removing some models to test your mentioned models?

We now assume that maybe the stream channels are used up.

Let me know the result and I will take further steps.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
a week ago

@Clive_A 

Camera models are:

DCS-4712E x2
DCS-4612EK x2

I've got 25 devices added into the NVR, and I don't think it was because of the stream channels being used, since they were working literally before I updated, the moment I updated, 0 video from these cameras, but anyways I did try removing some cameras but of course, they didn't work.

With 1.0.1 firmware, everything was working perfectly.

Best regards

Options
a week ago

Hi @Daniel_Brisson 

Daniel_Brisson wrote

@Clive_A 

Camera models are:

DCS-4712E x2
DCS-4612EK x2

I've got 25 devices added into the NVR, and I don't think it was because of the stream channels being used, since they were working literally before I updated, the moment I updated, 0 video from these cameras, but anyways I did try removing some cameras but of course, they didn't work.

With 1.0.1 firmware, everything was working perfectly.

Best regards

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240632857, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options