Slow Mesh speeds from EAP610-Outdoor to EAP610-Outdoor

a week ago
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

I've created a mesh between a wired EAP610-Outdoor, and a remote EAP610-Outdoor. Signal strength is ~62dbi, Tx Rate: 432Mbps+, Rx Rate: 288Mbps+. When I do a speedtest to a local OpenSpeedtest server (on the same wired segment as the primary EAP610), I'm only seeing throughput from a wired client on the remote EAP610 of 70-80 mbps up and down, even though the link speed is 4-6x this. On the remote EAP610 there are no other 5ghz clients, and only a handful of 2.4Ghz clients, and their traffic according to Omada is only 50-10kbps when idle. I have manually set the 5Ghz channels across my AP's to make sure they are far apart and not causing interferance. There are no other AP's anywhere within a half mile of the property, so it's not interferance from other people's gear.

Any reason I shouldn't be reaching closer (80%ish) to the TX/RX rates? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Slow Mesh speeds from EAP610-Outdoor to EAP610-Outdoor
a week ago

@dononeil 

How far apart are the Mesh EAP and the Root EAP610 outdoor? Is it a long way off? The speed from the root AP to the mesh AP will decrease since the reboot AP and the mesh AP communicate over the air. You can also verify whether the Ethernet connection connecting to the Mesh AP is in good condition. Changing to a different Ethernet is an option. In addition. You might try adjusting the channel on which the Root AP and Mesh AP are connected.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Hank21 

The distance between the remote and local AP's is about 250 feet.

I did some checking, I set up a local speedtest server on the remote side, and tested from my phone by connecting to the remote AP and speedtest server connected to that AP.... I get about 600 Mbps +/-.

I did the same thing on the local side, I set up a local speedtest server and connected to the local AP, but I only get about 300 Mbps.

Speedtest between remote AP and local speedtest, and Local AP and remote speedtest are still coming in at aroung 80-100 mbps though.

Both are connecting at 80 Mhz bandwidth, on the same channel. 

I've replaced the cable feeding the AP that was having the issues, but that doesn't seem to have made a difference. 

I have another AP right next to it, and I did speedtests connecting just to that one locally, and it comes in aroung 600mbps, but the one with the issue only comes in aroung 300mps.... Swapping the cables between the two didn't make a difference, so I doubt it's the new cable. Could the AP just not be working right? The one with the issue is older than the other one.... but both have the same firmware and hardware revision v1.0.

Thanks!

Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@dononeil 

What kind of speed test sever you are using? I suggest you try to test the speed using iperf.How to use iPerf to test the speed between the EAP and the wireless client

You can perform a swap test under the same conditions. If a particular unit is abnomal, then it has a problem. To replace it, please contact our local support center.Way to contact support center

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Friday - last edited Friday

@Hank21 

I'm using Open speed test locally hosted on windows machines at each end of the link (not going through the internet). I'll test with iperf, and see if there is any difference but I doubt it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 75

Replies: 4

Related Articles