WiFi glitches (Roaming) on WPA2-Enterprise based network

a week ago
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 5.9.9

Hello,

short question, longer explanation.

When we could expect (and if...) 802.11r capabilities for WPA2-Enterprise based WiFi via Omada ?

Reason why I'm asking is, that my users are often having glitches when sitting at their desks - i've spotted that usually its the moment, when controller/device decides to roam (with no particular reason). 

It seems better, when they are not on WPA2-Enterprise network, but just on "regular" WPA2-PSK one. Roaming is significantly faster and what i've spotted, is that on settings of particular wifi, when security is set to WPA2-E, 802.11r dissappears.

Is it particular hardware trouble, protocol limitation or is it maybe forced and i'm looking on wrong direction?

Options
1 Reply
Re:WiFi glitches (Roaming) on WPA2-Enterprise based network
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@piterus 

You could update your controller's firmware to the latest version. Download the newest firmware from there.
Have you chosen 6GHz as the band? If you choose this, the 802.11r option will disappear.

“It seems better, when they are not on WPA2-Enterprise network, but just on "regular" WPA2-PSK one.”

Could you please explain what the regular WPA2-PSK indicates? Do you compare these two types of encryption? Is there merely a roaming issue? Could you please show us your configuration when it works properly?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 56

Replies: 1

Related Articles