EAP225 with and without Apple Airport connection

2024-06-24 15:13:53
Tags: #Apple Airport
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I have two access points EAP225 (hardware versoin 3.0) in my network that have been working fine for years.

I have now purchased an extra EAP225 (version 5.0) and connected it with the same network settings. But now I no longer have contact with an Apple Airport Express that connects to this new access point!

When the Airport is connected to one of the older access points, it appears neatly in the network (also with Apple's Airport configuration), but as soon as it connects to the new version, the Airport disappears from the network again.

Anyone have an idea how this is possible? Could it be due to the hardware version?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP225 with and without Apple Airport connection
2024-06-25 08:35:17 - last edited 2024-06-25 09:10:18

@IkeHolland 

I suspect this is related to the encryption methods employed.Do you compare the two versions when connected to the Apple Airport separately? I recommend using WPA2-PSK to connect. If it still does not work, you can contact Apple support for assistance. The Apple router is a little old; if you merely want to expand the signal, you can choose our other new equipment.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 163

Replies: 1

Tags

Apple Airport
Related Articles