OC200 to OCC migration

OC200 to OCC migration
OC200 to OCC migration
a week ago
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.14.20.21

HI..

I have a site on a OC200 that I want to migrate to Cloud Controller. But it fails.

I have tested with GArelease and Beta - Same error

Any suggetions?

Best Regards

Dan Hemsø

Best Regards Dan Hemsø - OCNA Wireless
Options
8 Reply
Re:OC200 to OCC migration
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@HemsoeNyIT 

The Cloud Based Controller's current version is V5.14.24.40. As the reminder displayed in the photo you shared with us. For controller v5.13.11.41 and above, only the configuration file from the controller with the same first-three-part version number (Major.Minor.Patch) can be imported.The OC200's built-in controller version is V5.14.20.21, so it cannot be imported.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
a week ago

Hi  @Hank21 

I was hoping that the Cloud Controller was able to upgrade the configuration.

But if this a future limit, how can we ever migrate site/customers as there is often different versions.

Moving between OC200 and Software controller is no issue.

/Dan

Options
a week ago

@HemsoeNyIT 

yes, I wonder what the idea is here, there are never any versions that match across the platforms, I did a test now between windows and linux controller. there is no match on any of the controller versions. so if I want a site from the lunux controller to the windows controller, it cannot be done.

previously you could import from a lower or equal version, without problems. but it doesn't work anymore.

hmmm, is this really very well thought out.

Options
a week ago

@MR.S V5.13.30.8 can be transferred from the Linux controller to the Windows controller. To complete the migration, upgrade both to this version.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@HemsoeNyIT 

They are unable to migrate the site since the firmware does not match. I will send feedback to our related department regarding the issue you have raised.

Options
a week ago

@Hank21 

I have 5.14.20.9, and I cannot downgrade controller so there is no option for me if I have to migrate a site in to windows controller from linux. or what ever other platform running controller for that matter..

I can only say that this is going to be a lot of problems for the customer with this policy. 
but ok, good to know about these limitations before but sitting in a situation.

Options
a week ago

Hi  @Hank21 

Thanks.. I ended up creating the site on OCC manually as it was a LAB site. But if I have had a customer site with several devices and settings it would have been a pain to ensure everything was correct. So I hope have this will be fixed very soon.

Best Regards

Dan Hemsø

Options
a week ago

@MR.S 

Yes, that is unfortunate, though. Nonetheless, I'll let the relevant department know about this problem.

Options