Omada Software Controller - Wired Clients not Found for ER706W

Friday
Model: ER706W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4

Hello! I just bought Omada compatible router (ER706W) and set up an Omada Software Controller on my server.

The server (physical + couple of VMs on vSwitch) are connected via LAN directly to the router on port 3. So is my workstation on port 4.

The router is also connected to TP-Link managed switch (non-Omada) on Port 6, however that buddy is not currently connected anywhere.

My issue is: in the software controller I see no wired LAN clients whatsoever. Nothing at all.

Even though every device is properly connected to the network and everyone can happily see each other.

Any ideas what the problem can be?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Omada Software Controller - Wired Clients not Found for ER706W
Friday

@AndreyZh 

what controller are you using? If I remember correctly, there was something about this on the forum here earlier, but I can't find it again. but there is a beta version you can test. I use windows controller 5.14.20.9 with this beta version for the router. I see clients. it's in a lab so there are only a few clients but I see them.

Here you can download the firmware for your router

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/669388

Options
Friday
Thanks! I'm using 5.14.20.9 as well. I figured out that if I plug out my (non-Omada) switch, at least most of the wired devices (physical) are now visible. The VM is still not. It's a tad funny, because there were no clients connected to that switch at all. Why would it mess up discovery. Seems like a bug to me.
Options
Yesterday - last edited Yesterday

@AndreyZh hello. I also had similar problems. In my case they told me that the bug was in controller 5.14.20.9 that caused this behavior and that they would fix it in the next version. I leave you the post in case it helps you. 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/670358?replyId=1370020

If this is your case, these would be your possible solutions:

-Add switches that are omada to your network

-Wait for the next version of the omada controller

-roll back to the known stable version of the omada controller (you must have a backup that has been made in said version. Since backups of newer versions are not compatible with older versions)

Options