How to add specific ipv6 routing advertisement in vlans

2024-07-02 17:55:07
Model: TL-SG2428P  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.9

Hello,

I've got this switch L2+/L3 controlled by omada. I've got my own gateway.
I can configure dhcp with specific ipv4 mask address for each vlan.
But i don't find how to have the same configuration with ipv6. I would expect to configure a radvd daemon making the switch sending advertisement frames on each vlan, and able to route ipv6 in the same way.

Is it possible?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to add specific ipv6 routing advertisement in vlans
2024-07-03 07:04:08

Hi  @MRuellan 

We also don't have much experience about this. However in normal case all these things should be done on your router. The switch is working on Data Link layer, it has VLAN but won't need to do the routing. 

If you want to do static routing on the switch, then you will have to reset the switch and manage it via standalone. Only in standalone mode we can add IPv4/IPv6 static routing to the switch.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:How to add specific ipv6 routing advertisement in vlans
2024-07-03 07:14:29 - last edited 2024-07-03 07:18:06

At the moment I'm able to do static routing with omada with ipv4. The routing with ipv6 works well. I've tested it by setting manually the default ipv6 gateway on my laptop. The only missing thing is the advertisement. My understanding is : with ipv6, by design the advertisement can't be done from another device than the gateway itself.
Actually, i'm doing the routing with my own router, it's a workaround because it's a huge bottleneck, i'm not using the switch backplane.

Options