Wireless clients showing up as wired clients

2024-07-03 04:03:55
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.22.4

I have a network of 33 APs, on 11 switches. Typically I have around 400-450 clients at a time. Of those, four are wired clients. They are the two PCs I use for monitoring and controlling the network, my OC300 controller, and a PS5. All other clients are connected wirelessly.

I have anywhere between 15 and 30 clients show up as wired. The ports they are listed as connected to are ports that have APs on them. Though sometimes they show up as connected to the router itself without a port number. Example:

Is there any reason these would be showing up as wired other than them using WiFi repeaters/extenders that aren't part of my SDN?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Wireless clients showing up as wired clients
2024-07-03 18:29:28 - last edited 2024-07-03 18:30:55

@BHJohnson 

if you have connected something wirelessly to a non-omada device, these will appear as wired. omada doesn't know anything about wifi if you don't have omada compatible wifi devices.

why do you use non Omada WiFi repeaters/extenders, why not use an EAPxxx and mesh

Options
Re:Wireless clients showing up as wired clients
2024-07-04 01:00:34

@MR.S 

I don't. However, I have a very large organization full of people that don't like to follow basic rules, and I haven't figured out how to stop WiFi repeaters consistently yet. I am fully aware that non-Omada WiFi devices will show up as wired connections. I am asking if there's anything /else/ that can cause that to happen. Separately, I'm not sure why some devices are showing up as wired devices on the edge router when there are no APs plugged into it.

Options