NVR 1008H CPU Running at 100%

2024-07-14 11:43:50 - last edited 22 hours ago
Model: VIGI NVR1008H-8MP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 240507 Rel.78410n

Hello,

I am currently experiencing an issue with my TP-Link Vigi NVR 1008H. Despite having only three cameras connected (out of the possible eight), the CPU usage on the NVR is constantly at 100%.

Here are some additional details:

• All three cameras are set to motion detection mode.
  • The firmware on the NVR is up to date.
  • I have tried rebooting the NVR, but the problem persists.

I have also checked the settings and configuration to ensure they are optimized, but I haven't been able to identify the cause of the high CPU usage. Any advice or suggestions on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Camera type: VIGIC540

Thank you!

Options
8 Reply
Re:NVR 1008H CPU Running at 100%
2024-07-15 01:06:51 - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi @Mathyas 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

When you remove the cameras from the NVR, will the camera still keep the 100% CPU?

That's a way to identify the problem of whether the cameras are to blame.

Make sure your computer is configured with a static IP address and connect it to the NVR and view the CPU settings through the web page.

Usually, the loop is the reason it stays 100% because of the retransmission of the packets and this would eventually take down the network. This is what I want to confirm first before I assume its a firmware issue.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-17 15:34:00 - last edited 22 hours ago

@Clive_A 
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

I have removed the cameras, and my computer has always been configured with a static IP address.
However, the NVR CPU is still running at 100%.
What should I do next?

Options
2024-07-18 01:13:00 - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi @Mathyas 

Mathyas wrote

@Clive_A 
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

I have removed the cameras, and my computer has always been configured with a static IP address.
However, the NVR CPU is still running at 100%.
What should I do next?

Reset the NVR in the current setup. Will this persist?

Do you have any firmware upgrade to the NVR recently?

Any changes to the network?

Can you record a short video of the device stuck at 100% usage?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-07-19 18:21:05 - last edited 22 hours ago

@Mathyas 

This is not a camera or NVR issue!
The Vigi Security Manager is simply faulty! It is still good until v1.6.51, but in later updates it shows 100% CPU usage. I have a TP-Link VIGI NVR1004H-4P with 3 C540 cameras. All device use latest firmware! The CPU usage displayed in VSM is usually: 10-15%.
When I updated to the newer 1.6.71, it immediately became 100%. 15% before update, 100% after update. Joke.
I reported it to support, but they insisted that there was no such thing. Can't be 100% etc. I also tried with later VSM versions 1.6.77, 1.6.85. All show 100%. I didn't even upload the last one (1.6.96), it's unnecessary.
I stay with the older version 1.6.51. Unfortunately, you can only revert to the older version by reinstalling. 

Options
2024-07-22 01:44:00 - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi @Hevesi_J 

Hevesi_J wrote

@Mathyas 

This is not a camera or NVR issue!
The Vigi Security Manager is simply faulty! It is still good until v1.6.51, but in later updates it shows 100% CPU usage. I have a TP-Link VIGI NVR1004H-4P with 3 C540 cameras. All device use latest firmware! The CPU usage displayed in VSM is usually: 10-15%.
When I updated to the newer 1.6.71, it immediately became 100%. 15% before update, 100% after update. Joke.
I reported it to support, but they insisted that there was no such thing. Can't be 100% etc. I also tried with later VSM versions 1.6.77, 1.6.85. All show 100%. I didn't even upload the last one (1.6.96), it's unnecessary.
I stay with the older version 1.6.51. Unfortunately, you can only revert to the older version by reinstalling. 

You and I and OP may not be on the same page.

He first reported the NVR instead of the VSM. I double-confirmed several times to make sure it was a problem residing on the NVR instead of the VSM.

I think what you brought up is a different story.

The OP has not yet replied to me. I cannot judge if it is a hardware issue on the NVR which makes it run at 100% or firmware.

VSM is off the topic yet. If you have a problem with the VSM, you may start a new thread and I will check that for you.

Options
2024-07-22 13:30:43 - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi,
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their help!

I reset everything to factory settings and started over. With the up-to-date VSM version, the CPU usage is still constantly at 100%.
I tried Hevesi_J's advice, and with the VSM version 1.6.51, the CPU usage varies between 7-22% with 5 cameras.

Edit:
As part of future development, could it be possible to view the CPU speed through the browser? This way, such issues could be ruled out.

Best regards from Hungary.

Options
2024-07-23 01:53:15 - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi @Mathyas 

Mathyas wrote

Hi,
First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their help!

I reset everything to factory settings and started over. With the up-to-date VSM version, the CPU usage is still constantly at 100%.
I tried Hevesi_J's advice, and with the VSM version 1.6.51, the CPU usage varies between 7-22% with 5 cameras.

Edit:
As part of future development, could it be possible to view the CPU speed through the browser? This way, such issues could be ruled out.

Best regards from Hungary.

• Is the VSM on your computer increasing the CPU usage of your computer to 100% instead of the NVR? This thing.

• Or is VSM in certain software versions increasing the CPU usage of the NVR to 100%?
  • Or is it just the NVR itself surging to 100% CPU usage?

It is completely three different topics.

In your original context, it gives a feeling that it is the NVR itself malfunctioned and increased to 100% CPU usage.

I am clueless after reading what J wrote and your last reply. It has not been clearly described until now.

Options
2024-07-23 04:52:49 - last edited 22 hours ago

Hi @Clive_A 

1. It is not the computer's CPU usage that increased to 100%, but the NVR's.
  2. From what I found out yesterday, yes.
    However, it is a significant shortcoming that the NVR's CPU usage cannot be seen through the web browser.
  3. I don't know this. It might be that the NVR's CPU usage isn't actually increasing, but the VSM is displaying incorrect values.

I believe my very first post, which started this topic, was clear.

1. I set up my new camera system with three cameras to start.
  2. I downloaded and installed the latest VSM version.
  3. I updated the firmware on all devices, and the NVR's CPU usage was constantly at 100%.

Since I couldn't determine the cause of the problem, I decided to write here for help. :)
----------------------
Today, I tried again.
With the current VSM version, the CPU usage is 100%.
With version 1.6.51, the CPU usage varies between 5-16%.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 336

Replies: 8

Related Articles