Tp-link non Omada switch with Omada controller, router, and managed switch?

2024-07-17 13:27:00

I set up an all Omada network in my house. OC200, ER604 router, and TL-SG2210MP managed switch. The switch is running three APs and a few POE cameras. Two cat6 cables were buried and run to a barn. I have an AP mounted inside the barn and a spare cat6 cable. Since the barn is metal, I'd like to install an AP on the outside to get better coverage outside. I'd also like to install a few POE cameras around the barn. Since I only have one additional cat6 cable, that wouldn't be possible in the current setup.

Could I use a TP-Link non-Omada unmanaged switch (TL-SG1005P) on one of the cat6 lines and then run the extra AP and cameras off that. I'm sure it's possible but would I be able to see the switch in the Omada app? 

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp-link non Omada switch with Omada controller, router, and managed switch?
2024-07-18 01:05:14

Hi @LandoVonLando 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Possible, but not gonna be visible for the Omada app.

Any unmanaged switch is not gonna be displayed as a client in the client list.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles