Votes

Omada controller user time display monitoring

Votes

2024-07-19 17:11:33 - last edited 2024-07-22 09:15:24

ISSUES: when the client users connect to the wifi using the client duration voucher type, the client user cannot monitor the remaining time usable of its voucher code. No realtime monitoring display availalbe on the portal or somewhere we can find. On the other hand, if the duration type is set to voucher duration, the client should remember when was the starting time of the voucher was used, otherwise it will end up disconnected without notification if the client user forgot the starting time of its voucher code.

Solution: Omada portal should have a url or portal that shows monitoring of the code used, when was the voucher code started running and the remainining time availalble. Thsi feature can also be enabled or disabled depending on the server environment. With this additional feature, omada will be one of the best wifi server in the market available.

Looking forward with these features available in the coming firmware updates. Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada controller user time display monitoring
2024-07-21 13:25:09 - last edited 2024-07-22 09:15:24

@PisoNet that would be great feature to be added

Options
2024-07-22 09:15:05 - last edited 2024-07-22 09:15:24

@PisoNet 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link community, and we certainly appreciate all your feedback and feature request(s) here.

While we don't have any specific details that I can share around if this feature can come to SDN Omada controller or when it might, I'll make sure to log this feature request and pass it along to the team.

I'm moving this conversation into the Feature Request (Controllers)' area and tagging it as a Future Consideration for better visibility.

Feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, wed be happy to send them up for you.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2024-07-26 06:18:55

@Hank21 ,

I appreciate that you have recognized the thread I created for the possible feature development of omada controllers. This feature request for future development is relative to the client duration and by usage of the voucher code feature already available in the current omada update. With these two features already present, might as well add the usage monitor to show how much time left by the user instead just guessing the remaining time.

Thanks.

Options
RE:Omada controller user time display monitoring
2024-08-04 01:12:23
Nice if it be done
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 342

Replies: 4

Voters 5

+ 1 Voters