How to schedule a Reconnect of a WiFi client?

2024-07-22 13:53:12 - last edited 2024-07-23 07:12:26
Model: EAP670  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Does anyone know of a way to schedule a Reconnect of a particular client? or any workaround?

I know how to manually reconnect a client using the Omada controller, but I want it to be automated on a specific schedule.

I have some IOT devices in my network that are buggy. They require a reconnect to wifi for its network speeds to get back up to normal levels (it becomes unusably slow otherwise) and this needs to be done every day or few days.

Using WLAN Schedule is not ideal as the shortest amount of time I can set it in the Omada controller to be off before coming back on is 15 minutes which is too long a down time.

Right now I have resorted to using an AP running OpenWRT which allows for a script to schedule a reconnect.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to schedule a Reconnect of a WiFi client?-Solution
2024-07-23 07:08:10 - last edited 2024-07-23 07:12:26

@hugeunit 

As far as I know, the controller does not support this feature. Perhaps you can try setting up a reboot schedule for the AP to allow clients to reconnect.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How to schedule a Reconnect of a WiFi client?-Solution
2024-07-23 07:08:10 - last edited 2024-07-23 07:12:26

@hugeunit 

As far as I know, the controller does not support this feature. Perhaps you can try setting up a reboot schedule for the AP to allow clients to reconnect.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to schedule a Reconnect of a WiFi client?
2024-07-26 09:06:28

@Hank21 

Thanks, I prefer not to do that as other devices connected to that AP without any overlap from other APs will lose connection unnecessarily.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 2

Related Articles