Reconnect PPTP VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Reconnect PPTP VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Reconnect PPTP VPN
Reconnect PPTP VPN
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

I have a setup with three sites, using 2 ER605 and one ER707 routers. The interconnect through IPSEC, which is fine and will automatically reconnect if any of the sites would have a short outage.

Also, I have configured PPTP VPN connections from to sites to the third because some traffic needs to be routed through this site to the internet. This specific connection will drop every now and then (since the third site has a consumer internet connection I assume that the modem reconnects somtimes) but will never reconnect automatically. I have to disable and enable the connection through the Omada console.

Is there a quicker way of initiating the reconnect, e.g. through a CLI script or something similar that could be prepared and run?

Tom

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Reconnect PPTP VPN-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi all,

The case is closed due to no further followup. We have not located the reason yet. If you have a similar issue, please start a new thread.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Reconnect PPTP VPN
3 weeks ago

@tgoschuetz i also have pptp client problem with my omada 605 (fw 2.2.6) ,

pptp client 1 always reconnects after disconnect but client 2 not.

i need every day disable-enable pptp connection via  omadas gui for reconnect. 

even my old asus router can automatically reconnect as pptp client but tplink not??

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @tgoschuetz 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

So to speak that the router is a PPTP client?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A yes, look at screenshots

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @YuriyB

I am not asking you but him about this to make sure I understand his situation. I am aware of your reported issue.

Options
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A yes, one of the ER605 and the ER707 are clients, one site with an ER605 is the PPTP server. This is also the one that has a consumer internet access, so no fixed IP though it would only change when the modem would restart which is rarely the case. We have a dynDNS record for this site to cover for the non static IP.

I think one cannot really prevent the PPTP from disconnecting, I am just wondering why it does not reconnect automatically or whether there is a quicker way of 'resetting' it.

Tom

Options
3 weeks ago

Hi @tgoschuetz 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID240849613, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
Re:Reconnect PPTP VPN-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi all,

The case is closed due to no further followup. We have not located the reason yet. If you have a similar issue, please start a new thread.

Recommended Solution
Options