WLAN Disconnecting on Windows and iOS Devices

2024-07-25 13:48:56
Tags: #WLAN
Model: EAP615-Wall   EAP653  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: EAP615 --> 1.2.4 and EAP653 --> 1.0.14

My WLAN is set up without a running controller. I used the controller initially to configure two EAP devices, but it’s no longer active on the network. I'm using two EAPs, an EAP615 and an EAP653, both with the latest firmware.

I’m experiencing issues with devices disconnecting from the Wi-Fi, which operates on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz with a single SSID.

For example, my wife's Windows laptop works fine for about three hours before the Wi-Fi stops working, and my daughter’s iPhone regularly disconnects. Interestingly, I have the same iPhone model (iPhone 13) running iOS 17.5.1.1 and do not encounter these issues. We’ve already disabled Wi-Fi Assist on the iPhones. Despite making several changes to the network settings, I haven’t been able to resolve the issue.

Here are soem screenshots. I have no more ideas, maybe someone can help me here.

Options
2 Reply
Re:WLAN Disconnecting on Windows and iOS Devices
2024-07-25 15:26:58 - last edited 2024-07-25 15:28:45

@kirchenlo72 Have you tried rebooting both access points? I am seeing problems on the 2.4 Ghz band where devices stop connecting or the connection is very flaky which are fixed by rebooting the AP I have, EAP783. In my case problems manifest after 2 weeks of uptime. However, I have seen other posts of a person who has to reboot their AP daily to ensure devices operate correctly.

Before rebooting the access points, check and record their uptime.

Reboot the APs

Keep an eye on things and if/when devices start disconnecting again, record the AP uptime.

This could turn to be useful data to provide to tp-link so they can look and fix the issue.

Options
Re:WLAN Disconnecting on Windows and iOS Devices
2024-07-26 08:52:04

@kirchenlo72 

Can you describe the behavior of Windows and iOS devices when they disconnect? Are they still linked to the Wi-Fi? Are they still being assigned an IP address? Or move off the Wi-Fi completely? Are you and your daughter's phones at the same spot when you can connect, but she can't?

Do you enable fast roaming? How about setting the WPA mode to WPA2-PSK / AES? Do only two devices suffer from this problem?

How to optimize wireless performance of EAP products

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 167

Replies: 2

Tags

WLAN
Related Articles