Why is my switch port status speed not the same on the EAPs

2024-07-28 09:41:20 - last edited 2024-07-29 02:12:29

Hi guys, 

I just want to ask. I'm using the SG2218P switch and I have 2 EAPs 615(wall) connected, one downstairs(port 4) and one upstairs(port 12). 

Why does my downstairs EAP run on 100mbps Full Duplex, and my upstairs EAP run on 1000mbps Full Duplex. How can I get the one downstairs to run at full 1000mbps? It is now set to Auto on the Link Speed on port config.

Can anyone advise me on what to do? 

Thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Why is my switch port status speed not the same on the EAPs-Solution
2024-07-29 02:12:23 - last edited 2024-07-29 02:12:29

Hi @De_Silva 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is a cable issue. You should check if the cable is overly bent or broken in some corners.

Replace the cable would fix the link speed is not stable or fails to reach the max link speed.

Manually changing any sort of link speed does not make any sense. It will fail anyway because it is a hardware issue. Software-level cannot do anything helpful to resolve it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Why is my switch port status speed not the same on the EAPs-Solution
2024-07-29 02:12:23 - last edited 2024-07-29 02:12:29

Hi @De_Silva 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

This is a cable issue. You should check if the cable is overly bent or broken in some corners.

Replace the cable would fix the link speed is not stable or fails to reach the max link speed.

Manually changing any sort of link speed does not make any sense. It will fail anyway because it is a hardware issue. Software-level cannot do anything helpful to resolve it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 1

Related Articles