TAPO IP Camera "Not Certified" in VIGI NVR1008H

2024-08-02 15:03:29 - last edited Yesterday
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 230829 Rel.61537n

My setup:

• IP Camera : TAPO lineup (C320WS, C520WS, C500)

- All TAPO IP camera assigned with username and password so its ready for NVR.

- All TAPO IP camera works normal and can be viewed via TAPO app. 

• Mesh Network : Deco M4 
  • NVR : VIGI NVR1008H

Network Topology:

Problem:

• The Connection Status : Not Certified
  • Cant connect to TAPO IP Camera

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance for your support.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TAPO IP Camera "Not Certified" in VIGI NVR1008H-Solution
2024-08-05 01:50:11 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @TPL_Lover 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Please enter the password to log in to your camera. VIGI does not support customized usernames. Please make sure the username of your camera has been changed to the admin.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:TAPO IP Camera "Not Certified" in VIGI NVR1008H-Solution
2024-08-05 01:50:11 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @TPL_Lover 

Please enter the password to log in to your camera. VIGI does not support customized usernames. Please make sure the username of your camera has been changed to the admin.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:TAPO IP Camera "Not Certified" in VIGI NVR1008H
2024-08-05 10:53:49 - last edited Yesterday

Clive_A wrote

Hi @TPL_Lover 

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the reply.

Before the problem I have no problem connecting the TAPO camera to VIGI NVR. In my experience somehow VIGI can support customized username, because TAPO devices required 6 letters username. So if I put admin as the username, it automatically rename it to admin1

Regarding instruction No. 3, I tried to enter the password but no luck. Then again I'm using 6 letters username.

Options
2024-08-07 02:02:34 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @TPL_Lover 

TPL_Lover wrote

Clive_A wrote

Hi @TPL_Lover 

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the reply.

Before the problem I have no problem connecting the TAPO camera to VIGI NVR. In my experience somehow VIGI can support customized username, because TAPO devices required 6 letters username. So if I put admin as the username, it automatically rename it to admin1

Regarding instruction No. 3, I tried to enter the password but no luck. Then again I'm using 6 letters username.

So, what you mean is that even if you have input the correct username and password, it still shows up as Not Certified and cannot be added successfully?

Options
2024-08-07 02:24:35 - last edited Yesterday

@Clive_A 

Yes Sir, that is correct.

For update, I reconfigured the topology

Before

ISP--->Deco M4--->VIGI NVR

After

ISP--->Deco M4--->Hub--->VIGI NVR

I entered my TAPO username and password, somehow it connected and I can live view via TV/app.

I dont know why VIGI NVR should need a Hub to detect my IP Camera 🤔, I wished cleaner setup.

Options
2024-08-07 02:37:07 - last edited Yesterday

Hi @TPL_Lover 

TPL_Lover wrote

@Clive_A 

Yes Sir, that is correct.

For update, I reconfigured the topology

Before

ISP--->Deco M4--->VIGI NVR

After

ISP--->Deco M4--->Hub--->VIGI NVR

I entered my TAPO username and password, somehow it connected and I can live view via TV/app.

I dont know why VIGI NVR should need a Hub to detect my IP Camera 🤔, I wished cleaner setup.

Sorry that I don't understand what a hub is. To me, a hub can be many different variants or similar stuff.

If you introduce a new term that is rarely used in this industry, it would be best if you could explain things better for clarity.

I can barely follow what you mean in the last two sentences. I don't know how I can help you in this case. VIGI NVR can play a DHCP server if you don't have one.

Options
2024-08-07 05:14:48 - last edited Yesterday

@Clive_A 

I mean without the desktop switch (mine is Mercusys MS108GP 8 port) the connection status still "Not Certified".

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 357

Replies: 6

Related Articles