OMADA EAP225 exterior antenna in PA mode / Settings

2024-08-03 08:54:23 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:26:30

Hello everyone, 
I have a TPLINK ARCHER AX 55 WIFI router in my workshop.
To improve the external WIFI network, I've purchased a TP-Link Omada EAP225-Outdoor / AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO antenna.
To make installing this antenna easier, I also bought a TP-Link TL-SG1005P V2 PoE switch.

The hardware installation is as follows:
* Operator's modem in Bridge mode ;
* TPLINK ARCHER AX 55 router connected to the operator's modem;
* TL-SG1005P V2 PoE switch connected to the AX55;
* OMADA EAP225 antenna connected to the switch.

Since the ARCHER AX 55 router (Easy Mesh) and the OMADA EAP225 antenna (Omada Mesh) operate on a different mesh system and are connected by wire, I want my antenna to be configured as an access point. 
To do this, I downloaded the OMADA App and switched the installation to "STANDALONE" mode and the Access Point option.

At the end of the configuration, I see that I have 3 networks:
1.    The network of my WIFI router - WORKSHOP 
2.    The 2.4 network on my external antenna - ATELIER EXT 2.4
3.    The 5 network of my external antenna - ATELIER EXT 5

Note that all three networks use the same password. 

Question 1
I don't know much about networks and I was wondering if it was possible to obtain a single network name for all of them; a bit like in a mesh network?
Or should we let the 3 networks coexist? 
When programming the antenna, there's mention of a sub-network, but I don't understand this concept?
I'd like to get something clean, knowing that there will be 10 to 15 simultaneous clients at most.

Question 2
If I buy a second antenna and connect it to the switch, will I end up with a 2nd subnet? 

Question 3
With this type of configuration, will the devices automatically connect to the best transmitter? 

Thank you in advance for your hel

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OMADA EAP225 exterior antenna in PA mode / Settings-Solution
2024-08-05 03:02:38 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:26:30

Hi  @EdenFall79 

Question 1:

>>You can configure the SSID and password for 2.4G and 5G of EAP225-outdoor totally the same as the Archer AX55.

For most wireless clients, they will only display one wifi network on the wifi list. And they will be able to roam between the two networks.

You can check like this: go to a point far away from the router but close to the EAP, and check the signal strength.

When programming the antenna, there's mention of a sub-network, but I don't understand this concept?

>>Where did you see it? A screenshot will be better for understanding.

I'd like to get something clean, knowing that there will be 10 to 15 simultaneous clients at most.

>>You can see all the connected wireless clients on the Omada APP and Tether APP.

Question 2
If I buy a second antenna and connect it to the switch, will I end up with a 2nd subnet? 

>>Similar as the first part of question 1, with same configuration, all will work like a mesh network;

With this type of configuration, will the devices automatically connect to the best transmitter? 

>>Yes, for those clients who are capable of wireless roaming.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:OMADA EAP225 exterior antenna in PA mode / Settings-Solution
2024-08-05 03:02:38 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:26:30

Hi  @EdenFall79 

Question 1:

>>You can configure the SSID and password for 2.4G and 5G of EAP225-outdoor totally the same as the Archer AX55.

For most wireless clients, they will only display one wifi network on the wifi list. And they will be able to roam between the two networks.

You can check like this: go to a point far away from the router but close to the EAP, and check the signal strength.

>>Where did you see it? A screenshot will be better for understanding.

>>You can see all the connected wireless clients on the Omada APP and Tether APP.

Question 2

>>Similar as the first part of question 1, with same configuration, all will work like a mesh network;

>>Yes, for those clients who are capable of wireless roaming.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 1

Related Articles