Votes

Bug: Public IP Address displayed incorrectly

2024-08-04 15:46:45 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:32:37
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)   OC200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Cont: 5.14.26.23 Gateway: 2.1.2

OC200 controller with ER7206 gateway displays Public IP Address incorrectly (shows LAN IP) under Devices --> Details --> Overview, using PPPoE WAN. Public IP Address does display correctly under SFP WAN/LAN1 Tab information.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bug: Public IP Address displayed incorrectly -Solution
2024-08-06 07:48:06 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:32:37

Hi  @elcano89 

It turns out that the real meaning of Public IP address on this page is the IP address used by the router to communicate with the controller.

Since the controller is in the LAN, the IP is the same as the LAN IP of the router.

We are considering optimizing the name on this page. Thanks for getting this to us.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Bug: Public IP Address displayed incorrectly
2024-08-05 09:21:32

Hi @elcano89 

It should caused by the cache of the browser.

You may clear the cache, or change a different browser.

Options
2024-08-05 09:26:28

@Vincent-TP Hi! 

Sadly, no, that is not the issue, I have already tried various things, and clearing the cache was one of them. I even tested it on a different PC with a different browser, and the same happens. To further confirm that the issue is not browser related, on the Omada App for iPhone, the address is also displayed incorrectly as shown in the picture I have attached now.

Options
2024-08-05 09:35:58

Hi  @elcano89 

That's really weird.

If you don't mind, I recommend you Force Provision (Config > Manage Device > Force Provision) the ER7206 to have another try. But this will make you lose Internet during the period.

Options
2024-08-05 10:49:05

@Vincent-TP I had already re-adopted and forced provisioned before, but I gave it another try now. When I Force Provision the ER7206, no changes in the Public IP Address display (still displays the LAN IP), but as soon as it comes back online to the controller, the PPPoE connection fails to connect with the following error:

"[Failed]Titan Home Router: PPPoE CESAR-HOME failed to connect to the server because sending PADI times out."

Rebooting the ER7206 after initial provisioning, solves this error. The PPPoE connection comes online without any errors after reboot, and it will continue to connect and operate normally after this as long as I don't change any settings on the WAN port. The error will only show after initial provisioning. Changes to any other parameter won't affect it.

I observed this very same behavior when I initially adopted the device for the first time. I also tried to forget the device and adopt from scratch, the same thing happens. The PADI timeout error shows up, and a reboot will solve this issue, but Public IP Address is still displayed incorrectly.

Options
2024-08-05 12:06:09 - last edited 2024-08-05 12:08:46

@Vincent-TP 

On an added note to the last post, the pppoe provider connection was previously running on a Mikrotik router for many years, never had the PADI timeout issue before, and the connection parameters have not changed. We were already running full TP-Link Omada controller and PoE Switch combo with multiple APs on this site, so we decided to upgrade from the Mikrotik router to a Omada compatible gateway for full Omada management. 

The WAN PPPoE connection settings are pretty basic. User and Pass from the ISP, IP address and DNS is auto configured from the pppoe service, standard MTU of 1492, MSS Clamping is not required, and the ISP provides a tagged VLAN for the WAN PPPoE service interface, which is also pretty easily set up in the ER7206.

Options
Re:Bug: Public IP Address displayed incorrectly -Solution
2024-08-06 07:48:06 - last edited 2024-08-15 08:32:37

Hi  @elcano89 

It turns out that the real meaning of Public IP address on this page is the IP address used by the router to communicate with the controller.

Since the controller is in the LAN, the IP is the same as the LAN IP of the router.

We are considering optimizing the name on this page. Thanks for getting this to us.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-07 10:33:53

@Vincent-TP oh, that's not right. Yeah, would be nice to get that fixed. 

Thank you!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 239

Replies: 7

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.