Wired Clients Not Showing in Festa Controller

2024-08-10 02:11:32 - last edited 12 hours ago
Model: Festa FR205  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

As described in the subject, I have several wired clients attached to the router and none of them are showing in the controller, so I am unable to set any DHCP reservations or set up any QOS/Traffic Shaping on the LAN.

It seems like this may also be an issue on the Omada ER605 which has not been resolved. Hoping that there is some sort of fix for this to get wired clients showing, otherwise the controller is basically without function outside of seeing the status of the gateway.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Wired Clients Not Showing in Festa Controller-Solution
2024-08-13 02:57:12 - last edited 12 hours ago

Hi  @HeyYoVio 

Currently, Festa Controller doesn't support displaying wired clients that are plugged directly into Festa gateways. We are planning to add this function in the subsequent firmware.

To display the clients, you may consider adding a Festa switch to the network or using the Omada Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Wired Clients Not Showing in Festa Controller
2024-08-12 07:05:55 - last edited 12 hours ago

@HeyYoVio 

Hi, please share a screenshot of the Device Page of the controller so we can know what Festa devices you are using.

What kind of wired clients are connecting to the network?  Did you try unplug them and re-plug?

Options
2024-08-12 21:47:20 - last edited 12 hours ago

@Vincent-TP 

Currently, the FR205 is the only Festa device I am using - this is sort of a test run prior to migrating my other network components to Festa. Here's the screenshot you requested:

Re: wired devices connected to the router, there are two Windows desktops (one on Windows 10, one on Windows 11), a Chromecast Ultra that is connected through an ethernet adapter, and a UBNT AP Pro. I had other devices connected through an unmanaged switch, but I opted to remove that and connect one of the desktops directly just to rule out that being an issue. All of these devices are directly connected to the LAN ports on the FR205 and getting an IP address through DHCP, they just do not show as connected clients.

I have done the following things already:

• Disconnected and reconnected all clients from the LAN ports on the router
  • Reboot the router
  • Power cycle the router
  • Update router firmware to the current version
  • Assigned IP information manually on desktops to see if they would then show in the client list

Any further help or insight into how to correct this would be appreciated.

Options
Re:Wired Clients Not Showing in Festa Controller-Solution
2024-08-13 02:57:12 - last edited 12 hours ago

Hi  @HeyYoVio 

Currently, Festa Controller doesn't support displaying wired clients that are plugged directly into Festa gateways. We are planning to add this function in the subsequent firmware.

To display the clients, you may consider adding a Festa switch to the network or using the Omada Controller.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-14 22:21:58 - last edited 12 hours ago

@HeyYoVio I had the same issue, had to add a Festa switch to be able to see all the wired devices. The image shows how it looks after adding the switch. I have a TL-SG1024DE as a main switch and bought a Festa FS310GP, where I have the APs and the main switch connected. 

This is my topology (cant see the SG1024DE here)

aa

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 12 hours ago

I'm curious how something this glaring got past product testing. Especially since these are geared towards home offices / small businesses.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 307

Replies: 5

Related Articles